Which Rolex?

Hey everyone! :smile:

I’m struggling to decide on which Rolex to add to my collection. I’m debating between these two date just models:
  • 36mm YG/SS black dial with diamonds inside and jubilee bracelet
  • 36mm YG/SS MOP dial with diamonds inside and jubilee bracelet
For those of you who have either of these watches, can you please comment on ease of wear with casual clothes? TIA!

IMG_2552.png

IMG_2553.png

Don't have either haha, but I like both!

The one with the black dial has a very cool, slightly edgy look. Kind of like classic with a twist.
It may not stand out as much as you'd like in the evening/dark if that's what you're looking for. But the black does have a good contrast with the rest of the watch and the diamonds so I may be wrong.

The MOP is very classic. It has a cleaner brighter look.

If I were to compare the two, the black dial is like a prince of the night and the MOP is like the prince of the day.
Both very classic with a solid presence just with a different vibe.

Don't have either haha, but I like both!

The one with the black dial has a very cool, slightly edgy look. Kind of like classic with a twist.
It may not stand out as much as you'd like in the evening/dark if that's what you're looking for. But the black does have a good contrast with the rest of the watch and the diamonds so I may be wrong.

The MOP is very classic. It has a cleaner brighter look.

If I were to compare the two, the black dial is like a prince of the night and the MOP is like the prince of the day.
Both very classic with a solid presence just with a different vibe.
Totally agree with your opinion! I love both for those reasons. I love the black dial because it gives off more of a chic / cool vibe. The MOP is gorgeous and so classic. I could easily see myself wearing either often so I’m struggling to decide haha. Thank you for your opinion!

Are these your 2 faves?

I ask because, I chose the MOP given only 2 choices. The darker face is SO high contrast, so I chose the other. If I could choose anything I’d choose something in between. Typically I choose contrast, but I don’t love it on my wrist for a daily wear.

Are these your 2 faves?

I ask because, I chose the MOP given only 2 choices. The darker face is SO high contrast, so I chose the other. If I could choose anything I’d choose something in between. Typically I choose contrast, but I don’t love it on my wrist for a daily wear.
What would you choose in the middle for contrast?

Looking at your avatar I think the black dial suits you well :smile:
I do however agree with @Swanky, the black is quite stark and super high contrast. I love the Rolex slate dial colour, I find it can be edgy but also soft depending on lighting. Still very neutral and chic but with more depth vs black.
Totally agree with your opinion! I love both for those reasons. I love the black dial because it gives off more of a chic / cool vibe. The MOP is gorgeous and so classic. I could easily see myself wearing either often so I’m struggling to decide haha. Thank you for your opinion!

Reactions: _queenbee