Which one: Small square basket bag v regular medium basket bag?

ggnyc

Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone I am thinking ahead to Spring/Summer and would like a raffia bag to add to my collection. I am so torn between the medium basket bag and the small square raffia bag. I don’t plan to take this to the beach but would like something more for every day and also on summer vacation. I wish I could have both! If you could share mod shots that would be so helpful because I’ve struggled to find reviews or mod shots of the small square bag. Thank you!!BEB9BE14-A4DF-4867-91C4-50CA004F1059.jpeg36CDCE1F-96F3-4A63-8A8D-F3BE68765F50.jpeg

Hi everyone I am thinking ahead to Spring/Summer and would like a raffia bag to add to my collection. I am so torn between the medium basket bag and the small square raffia bag. I don’t plan to take this to the beach but would like something more for every day and also on summer vacation. I wish I could have both! If you could share mod shots that would be so helpful because I’ve struggled to find reviews or mod shots of the small square bag. Thank you!!View attachment 5286388View attachment 5286389
I will vote for square basket! I think it could easily transition from Spring to Fall!

Reactions: Cardamom
Both are nice options! If you don't carry a lot the square basket is probably sufficient. If you would like to carry a lot of items (e.g. hoodie or other large clothing item) then the medium basket will fit more.

As for reviews of the square basket, I did a quick search on YouTube and there are quite a few in English or with English subtitles:

Reactions: jennlt and Cardamom
I have the square basket - purchased nearly a year ago and I used it a ton in the spring/summer.

As @totally said, if you don’t carry much then it will work great for you. I also like that it feels a bit sleeker than the other basket.

The downside of both bags is that they are open at the top. I bought a bag organizer with a zip from amazon that fits perfectly so it feels very secure. There are some threads from spring/summer where people have shared their bags so you may find some more photos searching the Loewe folder.

They are both nice options and it depends on your style, how you will use it and what you plan to carry! If you are still unsure I’d suggest ordering both to try out or visiting a boutique. Good luck!!

Reactions: totally
I have the square basket - purchased nearly a year ago and I used it a ton in the spring/summer.

As @totally said, if you don’t carry much then it will work great for you. I also like that it feels a bit sleeker than the other basket.

The downside of both bags is that they are open at the top. I bought a bag organizer with a zip from amazon that fits perfectly so it feels very secure. There are some threads from spring/summer where people have shared their bags so you may find some more photos searching the Loewe folder.

They are both nice options and it depends on your style, how you will use it and what you plan to carry! If you are still unsure I’d suggest ordering both to try out or visiting a boutique. Good luck!!
can you share the link on where to get the organizer please? The square basket is on my wishlist for quite some time now but if I could find an organizer that could exactly fit the basket then I will get it! ❤️

Both are nice options! If you don't carry a lot the square basket is probably sufficient. If you would like to carry a lot of items (e.g. hoodie or other large clothing item) then the medium basket will fit more.

As for reviews of the square basket, I did a quick search on YouTube and there are quite a few in English or with English subtitles:

Thank you for doing this search! I’m leaning towards the square at this point.

can you share the link on where to get the organizer please? The square basket is on my wishlist for quite some time now but if I could find an organizer that could exactly fit the basket then I will get it! ❤
I’m not sure if it’s the same one but I found a simple nylon organizer that zips up (key!) through another post. it may even be the one that the person above is referring to. I believe the poster said the size small would work but I would double check the dimensions.

Vercord Purse Organizer Insert Bag Tote Handbags Pocketbook Inserts Organizers Zipper 11 Pockets Beige S https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR5DV5...abc_F818JHGZ2JHVJP1J0MKW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for your input! I’m definitely leaning towards the square after hours of research but might wait until I can get into the NYC boutique. I was hoping to order sooner than later as I know these bags sell out so quickly and want to be sure I have one for summer!

Btw the other really weird thing is that I ordered a medium basket bag a year ago and I returned it because it was so massive on me. In my research yesterday the medium basket bag seems like a great size and what’s so weird is that the pictures I have of the one sent to me last year look much wider than what other people show. Here’s an example. First two pics are me. And the next 3 are of one of my favorite YouTubers who did such a great review of the small and medium basket bags (pics of the medium).
618562B9-7D61-4620-9E88-F1A7B2E12C98.jpegBF2E3DCC-1F59-466B-B645-0EE0CA1B85BB.jpeg7D498904-03B6-4F7E-A946-FD8BE2E483F4.jpegA4965CDC-0DC2-4569-9BE9-F69521C3EA9A.jpeg9A6698B8-B298-43DF-A621-E899F1400B60.jpeg

I’m not sure if it’s the same one but I found a simple nylon organizer that zips up (key!) through another post. it may even be the one that the person above is referring to. I believe the poster said the size small would work but I would double check the dimensions.

Vercord Purse Organizer Insert Bag Tote Handbags Pocketbook Inserts Organizers Zipper 11 Pockets Beige S https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR5DV5...abc_F818JHGZ2JHVJP1J0MKW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Yes that was my post! This is the organizer @fsadeli :smile: it fits perfectly in my bag.

Thank you for your input! I’m definitely leaning towards the square after hours of research but might wait until I can get into the NYC boutique. I was hoping to order sooner than later as I know these bags sell out so quickly and want to be sure I have one for summer!

That’s a great idea! I definitely prefer trying on in store if it’s an option. I purchased mine last February for 30%. I felt pretty silly buying it in winter but I’m so glad I did because the colourway I got went out of stock pretty quickly. If the medium basket felt too big on your frame then the square might work since it’s slimmer, or you may feel it’s too slim and go for the small basket.

Reactions: ggnyc
20210501_201315.jpg20210501_202047.jpg20210501_202129.jpg

I have the square basket too and absolutely adore it! It's visually such a beautiful bag and I just love how the leather details go so well with the colour of the rattan.

I purchased an additional drawstring canvas pouch from Loewe to act as an insert as it fits perfectly for this bag. There's two sides to the pouch, one side is black and one is white. The canvas is very thick (similar to hermes dustbag). I don't often cinch the top close, but it does come in handy when I'm in more crowded areas.