Which one should I keep? Streamlining my collection

Jul 18, 2011
Hi all! I have been in the process of streamlining/downsizing my collection. I get overwhelmed and I cannot enjoy my bags when they just sit. I struggle to sell special bags that I don’t use but I can’t just keep letting these bags sit unused. My collection got a bit out of control and I do not have enough days in the week or events to wear all of my bags. I’ve gone from 30 to 20 to 15ish and now I’m streamlining further to hopefully 10. I sold a few Chanel’s and added a birkin and now I intend to sell another Chanel and add a Kelly (in a burgundy or deep red) for variety. This isn’t a Chanel Vs Hermes thread. I intent to always keep a few Chanel’s in my collection as I think a chanel flap always has a place in my collection. I find that I don’t reach for my flaps but want 1 or 2 for special occasions. I am a top handle girl.

Out of these 3 which would you sell?
1) Navy chevron 227 GHW, 2) Navy extra mini coco handle rainbow, 3) Black lamb GHW buck bag?

Just for reference. I do use the bucket bag the most out of the 3 but I have a few other black bags with GHW too that I would like to reach for. And I wear a lot of jeans so navy is useful.

Going to share a few bags from my collection to help with your decision. I have a black Fendi extra mini peekaboo, burgundy/black GHW flap, baby blue reissue belt bag. I am also planning to sell my orange mini reissue as my new birkin is a coral color.

0FBD06CB-E172-4243-9E28-94FD05F054D5.jpeg

943200FB-B072-46FF-AC6E-A56EFEDD1AD5.jpeg

9E16C0E3-97CD-47FA-A12D-6FCEE29064F1.jpeg

6115559E-34A8-4DAC-BE21-C6EDF446C49B.jpeg

The bucket bag is so unique! Please keep that one!

I think depending on how many small v big bags you have, sell between the 2 navy bags. From what you showed of your collection I would keep the mini coco cause you only have 2 small bags shown!

Lovely collection though and I really want a reissue belt bag yours is so cute!

Reactions: OCMomof3
The bucket bag is so unique! Please keep that one!

I think depending on how many small v big bags you have, sell between the 2 navy bags. From what you showed of your collection I would keep the mini coco cause you only have 2 small bags shown!

Lovely collection though and I really want a reissue belt bag yours is so cute!
Hi! Thank you! And that’s kind of how I was leaning. I love the idea of the 227 and it’s always been a dream bag of mine to own but it just sits on my shelf. But with constant Chanel price increases I was second guessing parting with it. The mini coco & bucket bag are just so easy to grab. And I love my belt bag! So easy to wear and light. 100% recommend

I've streamlined my bags too especially during the pandemic. It's the best things I've done for myself, and my home, and my bags (they were starting to show signs of dryness).

All your bags look like they are sitting at the store... meaning they look so new!

I've always like reissue. Not a fan of the extra mini CCH. My vote is clear.

It might be a "painful" process to letting go some bags, but your bags will thank you for it.