Which one(s) to sell?

arguspeace

O.G.
Sep 11, 2010
Hi all, I have to sell one or more of these three bags to pay a bill and because I recently stopped working and don't know when I will get a new job.

I have:

1. Chanel mini lambskin
2. Chanel woc lambskin
3. Celine trio (small)

All three are black (surprise!) The woc was my first Chanel (all I could afford at the time) but I have never been able to make it work, just too small. I'm not crazy about the Trio and regret buying it, my items are not flat and the bag doesn't look good stuffed (I've already tried downsizing)

I'm tempted to sell the Trio but will lose a lot of money. I know I'd get a decent amount for the woc but since Chanel prices keep going up, maybe I should keep it? It would just sit in my closet. I'm definitely keeping the mini!

So my question is, should I sell the Trio and/or the woc? They will both likely just continue to sit in my closet

I'm a big Chanel fan but if I needed money for a bill, out of the three you listed, I'd sell the WOC because it doesn't work for you and it will fetch the most money most quickly.

Celine bags are gorgeous but they don't sell quickly and as you mentioned, you will lose a lot of money.

So I'd list the Chanel for a competitive price to get cash ASAP. At the same time, I'd list the Celine a little above what I thought I could get for it (perhaps 10-15%). Sometimes I've been surprised when I sell a bag for more than I thought. It just takes that one buyer who neeeeds that bag. 😊

Then if you continue to need cash, and the Celine hasn't sold, you can always lower the price at that time.
Make sure you list in multiple places. EBay and Tradesy woke vest for me. I know people have had luck with Tradesy. And of the resellers, I find Ann's to be most competitive in giving me a price.

Good luck!! Hope you find a new job soon!

I'd sell both the WOC and Trio. Céline prices are a lot harder to predict than Chanel - you might end up losing even more money later. If the Trio isn't something you love and it doesn't do much more than sit in your closet, let it go.

Thanks everyone! Great advice, and it makes me feel so much better to have input. I'm going to get the best price I can for the woc, which is not Yoogis (I just got the quote today and it was barely over $1,000 direct purchase) I will also list the Trio to see what I can get, I'm surprised how low the resale value is and am afraid it will go down even more.

Although I need the money for a bill, this is a good distraction because looking for a job is no fun. Wasn't expecting to be in this situation but such is life...

Thanks again :hugs::hugs::heart: