Which Messenger??? Recommendation Please!

I fancy treating myself to a messenger bag. But which one??? :wondering

I'd use it at weekends which would mean I'd probably only use it to carry purse, phone and maybe an emergency nappy and small pack of wipes for my three year old!

My husband has a Brynmore but it's too big. I quite like the Antony (or is it Anthony?) but would welcome some advice.

Then there's the colour dilemma. I think I'm a chocolate or oak kind of girl!

Help!!!

Is it the big or small antony you are thinking about? I love seth, very comfy and good size. And the straps can be taken off and used on other bags.
I like the look of the new wider antony's as well.

Mmm, well having a couple of Antonys myself, I'd say they'd be OK 'sans nappy'. If you need to carry more than just eg small brolly, purse, comb etc, then perhaps an Antony Messenger (ie the larger size)? Or, what about a Mabel Messenger - Corries has a lovely one in RAF blue - welcome to the Forum btw!!

Somerset Satchel? It's quite hard to find this bag. It's a rounded off square with a zip across the top & a long detachable canvas strap, lovely medium size, not baggy (!) but lovely & soft & squidgy. It comes in choc & oak and some other brighter colours too, I think. Hoopers in Leeds have a couple at the moment, but I don't know of anywhere else. They cost £325. I WANT ONE, and I'm not sure if it's safe to wait until the sales!

If you trawl back through the posts, searching for "somerset satchel", you'll come across some pics from last October...

I can fit purse. phone, keys, packet of thin wipes and a coach wristlet (which would be approx the same width as a nappy) in my small Antony but it's a bit of a squeeze and if you find your keys or mobile sink to the bottom then you have to sort of empty the bag to dig them out!!! I think Antony is a great little bag but you might be best trying both sizes on.

I have the small antony in choc and oak and love them both . Its like a mini tardis - i usually have in mine - a diary , note book/pen, wallet , small coin purse , tissues , handcream , small tube hand sanatiser , small deodarant and mobile phone. I agree the best thing to do is try the different styles , take the padding out and try your own things in . Good luck and have fun :biggrin:

they have a raf mabel messenger in cheshire oaks at the moment..
daria satchel is a good size too.. lots of mums at dd play group have a seth and they look great..

Hmmm, lots of great suggestions, thanks everyone! :yahoo:

The large Antony sounds promising, and I'll check out the Somerset satchel. I'm not sure I like the Alexa (is that a really bad thing to say?), I find it a bit fussy and I'm not convinced it hangs properly. Anyway, it's a bit out of my price range at the moment!!

I'll keep checking back to see if there are any more suggestions!

Wow Monroe, I can't believe you can fit all that in a small ant. I just about fit that into my ant messenger.
Its true - mostly mini sizes , only problem is everything i usually want falls to the bottom . So i end up having to take everything out ( bit embarassing if its that time of the month :P) .

Just seen this post and I needed a new messenger as my oak ant is too small and with young children I need my hands to be free! I put a bag on reserve yesterday as was unsure whether I really liked it or not. Went back today and decided yes it was perfect!

A Somerset satchel which up until yesterday I had never considered! I love it :yahoo: