Which makes more sense to keep?

The bags are gorgeous and I would certainly keep both. :smile:

However, if there is a financial reason behind the decision to sell, I would let fate decide. I would put both for sale, and let go the one that sells first. Good luck with your decision! :smile:

Last edited:
Hi there! I also have both of these bags but I find I use and favor my camera bag more. It is a true handbag that can go from day to night. The tote, while lovely is just a tote and for day time only. I think they are both great bags but if you are determined to keep only one, i might suggest you keep the camera bag as you can always get the tote any season. Good luck with your decision!

I love the casual and more subtle elegant look of the camera bag personally. I agree this decision is totally up to you and what you feel more comfortable and which one you'd get the most use of :smile: Not to knock the GST though- that's a pretty gorgeous bag too that I think can be really casual as well. Oh decisions decisions!! Good luck :smile:

Thank you sooooo much everyone! You have really truly helped me a ton! I have decided! :smile: I need to keep my camera bag. I think I would hugely regret letting it go. I think I just needed that extra reassurance that it's still a nice/not outdated bag, since most of my immediate circle really prefer the GST. I have almost sold my camera bag in the past a couple of times to fund other things, but then I always come to my senses. Something in me won't let me do it.

So now I'm throwing a wrench into my thoughts and deciding whether to try & keep the GST and sell a LV instead haha...

Thanks again! Have a wonderful Saturday night!

Thank you sooooo much everyone! You have really truly helped me a ton! I have decided! :smile: I need to keep my camera bag. I think I would hugely regret letting it go. I think I just needed that extra reassurance that it's still a nice/not outdated bag, since most of my immediate circle really prefer the GST. I have almost sold my camera bag in the past a couple of times to fund other things, but then I always come to my senses. Something in me won't let me do it.

So now I'm throwing a wrench into my thoughts and deciding whether to try & keep the GST and sell a LV instead haha...

Thanks again! Have a wonderful Saturday night!

I'm glad you went with your heart, and I think you are, too.

Now as to that LV...since you are on the Chanel forum, you know that I'm going to recommend selling the LV and keeping the GST! :smile:

I don't have a gst but have never been a fan. I have the same camera bag as you do and I love it for the same reasons as you. If you search the forum you can find a link with how to stop the chains from sliding by using a couple round rings. I've been doing this and it helps with holding the shape of the bag. I wear it both long by my hip and double as a shoulder bag. I love the versatility. Great choice! :smile:

Did they recently release the same bag this year? ??

I love the Camera bag, easy to use and very good looking, out of the two I would definitely keep this!
I'm not taken by the GST as I find them bulky and difficult to use comfortably, the straps fall of my shoulders.
Good luck!

I don't have a gst but have never been a fan. I have the same camera bag as you do and I love it for the same reasons as you. If you search the forum you can find a link with how to stop the chains from sliding by using a couple round rings. I've been doing this and it helps with holding the shape of the bag. I wear it both long by my hip and double as a shoulder bag. I love the versatility. Great choice! :smile:

Did they recently release the same bag this year? ??

Oh my goodness I will search for that "rings" thread, thank you!

There is a new release of camera bags but I personally haven't seen this same reissue styled version... Not positive though. :smile: Since I don't live near a boutique. I have seen the same distressed reissue leather in a flap bag though, with the same hardware. Which appears to be not quite as gold as the hardware of previous years.