Which Leather?

Hello Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker first time poster. I have been debating for a long time between the Celine box bag or the diorama. I have finally decided to start with the diorama as I have been impressed with the qualities of their slgs in the past and am uncertain of the current direction Celine is taking.

My question for all you experts is which type of leather I should go for for the Diorama, calf, lamb, something else? I want to make sure that I am getting the most hardwaring leather as I live in Canada and have two small toddlers. I am hoping to get the black medium size.

Also, does anyone happen to know the current Canadian retail for this Bag?

Any help you all could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker first time poster. I have been debating for a long time between the Celine box bag or the diorama. I have finally decided to start with the diorama as I have been impressed with the qualities of their slgs in the past and am uncertain of the current direction Celine is taking.

My question for all you experts is which type of leather I should go for for the Diorama, calf, lamb, something else? I want to make sure that I am getting the most hardwaring leather as I live in Canada and have two small toddlers. I am hoping to get the black medium size.

Also, does anyone happen to know the current Canadian retail for this Bag?

Any help you all could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

I would suggest the grainy calfskin version for what you are looking for: it is very hardy and will be the most durable, especially if you plan on using the bag in the winter. I have a medium / light tone grey and have no issues with color transfers, discolouration, etc and I do not baby by bag (I am just mindful of denim). I have definitely used my bag in wet weather (I don’t remember if I did in cold weather / snowy but I’m sure I have) and it is good as new. There is the new matte calfskin option as well but I am not certain how the leather endures over time (an SA told me it loses its matteness but becomes a touch shinier? Not sure about scuffs but it does seem quite durable compared to a shinier smooth leather a la Celine).

I believe the current retail price is around $4500 for the medium if I’m not mistaken (I was recently given a quote but I don’t remember clearly as I was not on the market for another Diorama lol).

Hope that helps!

Reactions: averagejoe
@Kdelz posted this one:
001d473f-aa66-4000-9637-ea6e7b37b3df-jpeg.4414285

It's the new grained calfskin, and it feels very durable. It is the same grained calfskin as the one on the Saddle bag.

I absolutely recommend this grained calfskin.