which leather would you go for in blue jean Birkin? Also, would you chose 30 or 35?

ebruo

Her Royal Floopiness
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
I'm also wondering if GH would look a bit tacky with this colour? Palladium seems to be a nice combo with the bj. I am about to get my first Birkin on Monday (35 clemence GH, black) and am already dreaming about my next order. Thanks for all your help!

I have a 30cm blue jean clemence birkin with palladium hardware which I adore - both sizes look great but I chose the 30cm as I intended to use the bag casually on weekends/holidays and 35cm is much too large in my opinion for this. Good luck with the decision - that's half the fun of purchasing a birkin.

I don't think GHW would look bad with that color birkin. I think it would look rather nice. However, as far as size, I would recommend a 35. I have two 30's and one 35. I find that the 35 is a much nicer fit for me. The 30's can be a bit smallish at times.

Personally I prefer the 35cm. My mother has one of each and I love the look of the 35, but I'm also partial to larger bags. Either color hw would look stunning with the bj. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen bj with ghw. I think it would look fab.

it really depends on what goes with your heart. And I agree, if you like gold then go with gold hardware.

However personally I prefer PHW with Blue Jean and I would go for 30cm (I am 5'3").

Check out the Stars & Hermes thread for a picture of VB with her Blue Jean Birkin with Gold hardware. Stunning and rare!

I'm also 5'3" and small boned so I always go for the 30cm's......35cm just looks too big on me.

Of course VB would have one :smile: I'm gonna go look for it now. Really curious as to how it looks.

I'm 5'3" as well and I "borrow" my mother's 35cm every once in awhile. And I don't mind it. My friend is shorter than me and just got a 35cm clemence birkin. I think it looks really cute on her. But in the end I think it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. If you just got a 35cm it might also be nice to get the different size since it will be your second.

Found it. Pics are small but I think it looks fabulous.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• vbblue.jpg
    vbblue.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 516
  • vbblue2.jpg
    vbblue2.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 409
I like the BJ color in togo leather 30cm. While I prefer PH, I like the GH with the BJ color. If you love the GH, then go for that as it will just make the bag ever more special and loved to you. I don't think that it looks tacky at all. Good luck with your decision.

I holded a Bleu Jean Clemence 30cm with G/HW on the left arm while a Bleu Jean Togo 30cm with P/HW on the right. Ding Dong....The Bleu Jean with the gold wins.:yahoo: Even with an Hermes Bleu Jean Birkin, the G/HW stands out much better. Its like the shine "jump out" and "scream" NOTICE ME!:woohoo: