Which is smooshiest & buttery-soft: Concord, Double Cream, or Wine?

cat9

Dec 30, 2007
I fondled a Dries Van Noten bag today which was made out of the most jaw-droppingly soft leather I've EVER felt. Before that, I'd been feeling up a massive Sissi Rossi tote which had SEEMED shockingly smooshy, then felt super-rough after the DVN.

Now, I've never really had the chance to fondle many RM bags IRL, so I'm wondering: are any of the leathers, like, awe-inspiringly buttery? I'm assuming there are since lots of the leathers are constantly raved about (Saddle, for instance, looks super-soft in pics - not a fan of the color or old hardware personally though). I'm looking for something exquisitely, unbelievably velvety-soft.

Also, the three colors which are catching my eye most are Concord, Double Cream and Wine. Has anyone felt all three (or even just one)? Can you offer feedback as to the softness? Wine *LOOKS* rich and luscious in pics, but so does my Hazelnut MAB and it's not actually soft to the touch. (Though I love it for all its other gorgeous attributes!)

Thanks in advance!

I can only comment on Double Cream...when I first got it, it was stiffer than I expecte. After I put some items in it, it "smooshed" right up. It really only took an hour or so. Now it just want to be a smooshy puddle!

Sissi Rossi leathers are GREAT!! :drool:

As far as RMs- the buttery soft leathers are definitely Sage, Saddle, Dusty, pretty much anything Matte.

As far as concord, wine, and double cream, Concord is the softest. Next is wine. Wine is VERY smooth to the touch, but has a little structure to it, which like happy said goes away after breaking in.

EAD- correct me if i'm wrong, but RM Maven said the double cream had some type of glazing on it to protect it from getting dirty? Is that correct? OP- any of the glossed/glazed leathers are going to be stiffer until broken in.

I had a stone nikki, and it was ridiculously stiff and i wound up selling it.

EAD- correct me if i'm wrong, but RM Maven said the double cream had some type of glazing on it to protect it from getting dirty? Is that correct? OP- any of the glossed/glazed leathers are going to be stiffer until broken in.

Desi, I remember RM Maven said it wouldn't get dirty easily...but I got denim transfer on mine the first time I carried it! In any case, that could be why it is initially stiffer, but the leather is really nice now. It puddles and definitely won't stand up on its own.

I agree with all the posts so far -- glazing does make the bags stiffer. I have had the hazelnut (returned, though it's gorgeous), DC Nikki (another return -- a teeny bit stiff out of the box but amazing over all), and I JUST got the box with the wine Nikki that I ordered yesterday late afternoon (LB's amazing!!!)

(And no, I will not be returning the wine bag. You will have to pry it out of my wizened little claws when I die).

Out of the box, the wine is pretty similar to the DC in terms of slight stiffness, IMO.
My next concquest shall be the concord Nikki, if I get lucky. This certainly seems to be the smooshiest of the bunch, though I question whether or not the leather is as sturdy, since I haven't seen one IRL yet.

There are a lot of discount codes out there at the moment, and many stores have the DC NIkki, so I personally would go for that one if you can!

cat9: by the way, I :heart: how you talk about "feeling up" the leathers... :roflmfao:

Makes me not feel so odd for huffing the leather scent, lol.