Which is better? BBag or LV?

I love Balenciaga for it's edgy look which is what separates and distinguishes it from other brands. I have an LV neverfull (which I wore out, so I took it off rotation in the meantime) and a speedy mono canvas which I use rarely bec I believe it's a classic so I try to maintain its new condition. That said, I think it's apples and oranges. I've been using my Bals lately since I just recently started getting into it so I can say it's my favorite brand for now :smile:

I have both too. I love both and they are very different - obviously.

Sometimes LV is my 'fav' and other times its Bal.

So much fun to have choices, so to answer your question 'which is better?' .... well that changes for me week to week. Right at this time - Balenciaga!

Hermancat said:
I have both too. I love both and they are very different - obviously.

Sometimes LV is my 'fav' and other times its Bal.

So much fun to have choices, so to answer your question 'which is better?' .... well that changes for me week to week. Right at this time - Balenciaga!

Me too!

I am curious as I read over here that in some forums, Bal gets quite a bashing or Beating.
Which forums are these?
It would be an interesting and entertaining read....Only because these people don't know what the heck they are talking about.

I am in the LV and Chloe sub forums a lot and I've never seen Bal bashing there. In fact, there are a lot of Bal fans there. I have noticed that the general handbag subforum can be a bit harsh.

Last edited:
I think right now Balenciaga is more in style than LV right now, I've always been a died hard Fan and collector of LV but in the last couple of years their bags have been boring!
I recently bought 2 Bal bags, a Work and City! They are both gorgeous, lamb skin is so nice and smooshy, yes it's fragile bc of the material but that would be the case with any bag made of this material. I don't noticed the difference in the leather from 2011 and 2012 bags, except the leather seems thicker on the Work v/s City ESP the ones with the giant hw. So for me, I haven't bought an LV this yr and love my Bal bags:smile:

I've been on an LV kick for the last three years (with the occasional straying into YSL/Chanel) but I've always admired Balenciaga.
Late last year and continuing into this year I've been craving a simple logo-less bag and Bal fits that for me. So I'm on the hunt!

I think LV and Bal are very different aesthetics, both are classics in design, but I don't think you'd get as 'bored' carrying Bal. There is a place for both in my collection.

Here in my area (NE US City) there are two very popular bags - Coach and LV. What you carry depends on your income. We've joked about friends who get promotions and say, "She went from a Coach to an LV!" (I know it's a REALLY big jump, but that's the way it is)

And the number of LV fakes is off the charts. I was in an elevator with 6 other women. I suspect one LV was real. The other 5 were carrying fakes.

Balenciaga is almost non-existent. So for me, I like Bal better because it's different, but subtly and with style.

I have both but I find myself reaching for my Bbags more due to the soft leather and the hardware. I do carry a LV wallet and coin purse in my Bbag. A girl gotta have a LV with her at all time. (wink).

I used to love LV but I only owned one Bal. however I find myself using Bal more than any of my LVs. I find Bal:

- Is much lighter
- Is much for versatile hence I don't have to keep changing bag
- The leather is sooooo soft

I love both but now I'm more addicted to Bal :biggrin: I think LV bags are more for formal occasions while bals can be used for various events, casual or formal. Bals are more fun and colorful! I just love them!