Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Red

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

PF2010

O.G.
May 15, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I recently have fallen in love with Goyard and would like to purchase my first bag and have decided that the Artois checks all of my boxes. DH is going to New York in a couple of weeks so I plan to call the free standing boutique and see if they can have my color choice available. The problem is that I'm torn by which color to choose. I have narrowed it down to black with black trim, navy, red and green. Can I please have some feedback as which one to purchase? I wear scrubs on a daily basis so don't have the most exciting wardrobe. As such, I'm pretty flexible on color.

Thank you

I am also contemplating my first Goyard purchase and feel that I would go with a classic neutral, which is the Black with black trim. I think it would go well for work or casual occasions and black is easy for me to match my wardrobe. Green, navy and red sound like great fun colors and maybe for a second Goyard? :smile: When you are not at work in scrubs, is there a color that you think you would wear more? Note that my boss has two Goyards (grey and red) and she wears both to work and they look great on her. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors. Good luck with your decision and look forward to the reveal!

I am also contemplating my first Goyard purchase and feel that I would go with a classic neutral, which is the Black with black trim. I think it would go well for work or casual occasions and black is easy for me to match my wardrobe. Green, navy and red sound like great fun colors and maybe for a second Goyard? :smile: When you are not at work in scrubs, is there a color that you think you would wear more? Note that my boss has two Goyards (grey and red) and she wears both to work and they look great on her. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors. Good luck with your decision and look forward to the reveal!

Thank you for the input. I think I would wear either the black or navy blue more since they are subtle and would go with more. I may also consider the black Artois with the tan trim since I think the trim gives the bag a more casual look which would be great for weekends.

Reactions: jpezmom
For you first Goyard, you should consider the black.

If you like it, you should buy another one in a different color.

Do you live in a state without a Goyard boutique? Then maybe you should consider just shipping it to your address to save on taxes rather than your husband picking it up! The SA will always send you plenty of pictures for you to see.

Also, have you seen the new bellechase model? I thought I wanted to get either the artois or marquises because of the top closure but the new bellechase has top closure so I am considering that now.

For you first Goyard, you should consider the black.

If you like it, you should buy another one in a different color.

Do you live in a state without a Goyard boutique? Then maybe you should consider just shipping it to your address to save on taxes rather than your husband picking it up! The SA will always send you plenty of pictures for you to see.

Also, have you seen the new bellechase model? I thought I wanted to get either the artois or marquises because of the top closure but the new bellechase has top closure so I am considering that now.

Thank you, I saw the Bellachasse too but I think it just has a clip closure while the Artois has the zip top unless I am mistaken. DH would go and see the bag in person and make sure nothing was wrong with it and then have it shipped as there is no Goyard where I live.

If I do the black, what are your thoughts on black with black trim vs black with tan trim?

Thank you, I saw the Bellachasse too but I think it just has a clip closure while the Artois has the zip top unless I am mistaken. DH would go and see the bag in person and make sure nothing was wrong with it and then have it shipped as there is no Goyard where I live.

If I do the black, what are your thoughts on black with black trim vs black with tan trim?

I would pick the tan/black option as for me the color combination combines the best of both worlds.
Also I have waaay too many black bags so I may be biased.

Hi Everyone,

I recently have fallen in love with Goyard and would like to purchase my first bag and have decided that the Artois checks all of my boxes. DH is going to New York in a couple of weeks so I plan to call the free standing boutique and see if they can have my color choice available. The problem is that I'm torn by which color to choose. I have narrowed it down to black with black trim, navy, red and green. Can I please have some feedback as which one to purchase? I wear scrubs on a daily basis so don't have the most exciting wardrobe. As such, I'm pretty flexible on color.

Thank you
I love my black/ black trim. Navy, red and green are pretty color too. Artois is a good choice as I love how the handles fit nicely on my shoulder and the safety of having a zipper on top.

Reactions: LLANeedle
It's too bad you cannot visit the store in person. I was debating colors and going to the store (NM in Chicago) and seeing the color choices available (and comparing to other styles) made the decision easier. I purchased the Artois in black and black last summer and have enjoyed it thus far. Now that there is a larger size available, I am giving serious thought about adding another Artois to the collection but this time in color.