Which First Chanel bag to Get?

kenzo812

May 5, 2023

Which Bag to get?​

• SMALL BLACK CHEVRON-QUILTED CALFSKIN STATEMENT BAG​

• MINI NAVY BLUE QUILTED LAMBSKIN RECTANGULAR CLASSIC​

• OLD MEDIUM NAVY QUILTED CAVIAR BOY BAG​

• GO FOR CLASSIC FLAP​

Hi Everyone! I am contemplating getting a pre-loved Chanel bag and was wondering which of the above I should go for. It will be my First Chanel bag and I am looking to be able to use it regularly as much as possible - bringing it with me for travel (depending on destination). Ideally can be dressed up/down. I have always wanted the classic flap but the price seems to be way too high even in the pre-loved market. Should I pull the trigger now and get one of the above bags or wait for the classic flap? I am also afraid that there will be more price increases that will make buying the CF bag whether new or pre-loved not practical for the price. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

Last edited:
Always the classic flap, pull the trigger if that's what you know you want.

For me though a mini in black is more useable on a daily basis than the flap, especially if you can find one in caviar. Really depends on your lifestyle.

Always the classic flap, pull the trigger if that's what you know you want.

For me though a mini in black is more useable on a daily basis than the flap, especially if you can find one in caviar. Really depends on your lifestyle.
I am hesitating at the mini due to its size. I am not sure if it will have enough room… I am more casual these days. I don't really attend a lot of weddings or fancy events.

Looking at the pictures, I like them all :drool:. But have to choose one if I am to pull the trigger and save up again if I want another one in the future. It is so hard to decide! If I were to take out the classic flap out of consideration (due to price point), which of the other choices will be a good one that is close to the CF? Is there any other styles that I should have considered?

My recommendation is to see how much room the daily items that you carry take up. If any options are too small, cross them off the list. I personally love the mini size, but I also don't carry much with me (definitely not a full-size wallet).

I am hesitating at the mini due to its size. I am not sure if it will have enough room… I am more casual these days. I don't really attend a lot of weddings or fancy events.
What do you carry? I watch a lot of what fits in my purse videos on YouTube before deciding on a bag. I'm positive a mini can hold my phone, key pouch, a small card holder and lipstick without a problem and possibly squeeze in glasses too. That's all I carry + a water bottle which stays in my hand. It seems to be a great everyday bag and also casual as you can crossbody. I have a small classic and it's too fancy to be an everyday bag for me. But I am so glad to have it even though I did get it after massive price increases last year.

Reactions: kenzo812
All 4 options are beautiful! I’m pretty pragmatic (possibly boring!) when it comes to my bag choices, so I’d opt for the classic flap. It’s versatile and elegant - there’s a reason it’s a classic!

If it's your first bag and you've always wanted one, I'd go with the classic flap, but look out for deals on a vintage one. They're still pricy, but you can find deals if you check frequently (vintage ones you can often find for half of retail cost/ about the price a mini goes for). I got mine for 2.5K USD after the exchange rate in japan last year