Which color Marmont camera bag for my birthday?

jng2b

O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
I'm going to get the large camera bag for my upcoming birthday (the one with the pocket on the front). I can't decide between red or black. I already have a Chanel black with gold reissue. I'm wondering if the black Marmont will be too similar in style and function to the Chanel. I only use the Chanel for limited occasions as I feel that the flap is not the easiest to get in and out of. The Marmont will be my casual, grab and go bag for shopping, etc. I feel like I should get the red for contrast and because I already have the black Chanel. On the other hand, I love how understated the black is and I feel like it will complement any outfit. Any advice? I've attached pics although we are all familiar with these bags :smile:
IMG_1488905025.508656.jpg IMG_1488905035.231967.jpgIMG_1488905044.746622.jpgIMG_1488905056.181302.jpg

In a practical sense, I would go for black if I were to wear it casually and for every day. I understand the temptation to get the red for diversity though. I think the red is gorgeous but I find red doesnt go with everything whereas black does. Have you considered the nude colour? I'm not sure not it comes in nude in this style so sorry in advance if it doesnt.

I think you love the black and will indeed find it the perfect daily grab and go bag allowing you to keep your beautiful Chanel Reissue for more special occasions.

I like the red too but looking at your pretty corral coat I wonder if it will be as versatile for you.

Reactions: jng2b
In a practical sense, I would go for black if I were to wear it casually and for every day. I understand the temptation to get the red for diversity though. I think the red is gorgeous but I find red doesnt go with everything whereas black does. Have you considered the nude colour? I'm not sure not it comes in nude in this style so sorry in advance if it doesnt.

Thanks for your response! I love the nude color but unfortunately I think it would be one of those colors that wash me out. I think you are right and the black is much more practical.

I think you love the black and will indeed find it the perfect daily grab and go bag allowing you to keep your beautiful Chanel Reissue for more special occasions.

I like the red too but looking at your pretty corral coat I wonder if it will be as versatile for you.

Yes, thank you! I love the black but feel like I should get the red just to mix it up. But I should get what I love, not what I think I SHOULD get.

Reactions: papertiger
Yes, thank you! I love the black but feel like I should get the red just to mix it up. But I should get what I love, not what I think I SHOULD get.

You intend to give this bag a different use that you give your Chanel reissue, so I see no problem with it being the same color. Go for black if that's what you love and essentially what you will wear more!

They are both gorgeous bags and either would be beautiful to use as you described. Choose the one that best complements the colors you wear and matches your style. You can't go wrong with either! Good luck choosing and happy early birthday!

From what you say I think you're better going with the black Marmont camera bag.
Later, if you still need (or want :smile:) a small but practical red bag you might consider the Gucci Disco in red, which for good reason has become quite a classic.
My thoughts exactly...the Disco is the perfect red bag. The Marmont in black is very classic and looks like it suits your style to a "t"

Reactions: Straight-Laced
Thanks for your response! I love the nude color but unfortunately I think it would be one of those colors that wash me out. I think you are right and the black is much more practical.

Nude is a very versatile color! I love browns and tans and camels and beiges. It goes with anything and looks fabulous with jeans. I even have beige boots. You won't regret nude. :smile: