Which Céline should I get next? Help deciding!

May 24, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am so undecided as to what I want my next Céline purchase to be. I already own the Belt bag in black and a Phantom in black. These are my choices.

If you have any of the bags please input your pros and cons !

Thank you ! IMG_3566.jpg53801947071__74AAAFE9-B6D3-4EB1-84A6-21793456B6A7.jpgIMG_3589.jpgIMG_1955.jpgIMG_1977.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3589.jpg
    IMG_3589.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 603
There are quite a lot of different choices there from clutch to handheld to casual shoulder carry.

I have the small cabas with belt and the small sangle and use both of these for casual. I love them both but use the cabas when I need to carry a lot as it’s quite a big bigger than the sangle.

Whilst I have the trifold mine is the small bag not the clutch - shout out to @Kendie26 for advice on the clutch.

Can you clarify if there is a specific purpose for your purchase or are you just looking to buy what you love? I never have a purpose :lol: but I would like to add that all Céline bags are fabulous and beautifully crafted.

There are quite a lot of different choices there from clutch to handheld to casual shoulder carry.

I have the small cabas with belt and the small sangle and use both of these for casual. I love them both but use the cabas when I need to carry a lot as it’s quite a big bigger than the sangle.

Whilst I have the trifold mine is the small bag not the clutch - shout out to @Kendie26 for advice on the clutch.

Can you clarify if there is a specific purpose for your purchase or are you just looking to buy what you love? I never have a purpose :lol: but I would like to add that all Céline bags are fabulous and beautifully crafted.

I am the same, no purpose lol :smile: Just looking to add.
I do like the Cabas Phanton in taupe, especially the price point. I can get that with a SLG. Is the small huge?

I do love the tri fold clutch, especially the black for a casually edgy look!

I am the same, no purpose lol :smile: Just looking to add.
I do like the Cabas Phanton in taupe, especially the price point. I can get that with a SLG. Is the small huge?

I do love the tri fold clutch, especially the black for a casually edgy look!

The cabas in small is about 11 inches square without the wings so it’s not huge at all but is roomy. I tie my straps with a knot to keep it slightly cinched, I just like the look of it this way and it stops the bag looking big as well. So when I might say it’s big I just mean it’s a tiny bit bigger than what I normally carry from Céline in a small size. The medium I find quite big alright but I’m 5’4/UK 10.

The cabas in small is about 11 inches square without the wings so it’s not huge at all but is roomy. I tie my straps with a knot to keep it slightly cinched, I just like the look of it this way and it stops the bag looking big as well. So when I might say it’s big I just mean it’s a tiny bit bigger than what I normally carry from Céline in a small size. The medium I find quite big alright but I’m 5’4/UK 10.

Thank you this helps! Also, the price point is not too bad considering the size. Any SLGS you recommend?

Reactions: BlueCherry
Thank you this helps! Also, the price point is not too bad considering the size. Any SLGS you recommend?

I must confess I am a Céline traitor when it come to SLG’s - I cheat and buy Chanel. However they have some stunning items that I’ve seen, are you thinking full size or medium wallets, cardholders or small pouches? I have a large zip wallet and I’ll never get rid of it because the quality is so perfect. I can also check with my SA what’s available if you don’t have one.

I must confess I am a Céline traitor when it come to SLG’s - I cheat and buy Chanel. However they have some stunning items that I’ve seen, are you thinking full size or medium wallets, cardholders or small pouches? I have a large zip wallet and I’ll never get rid of it because the quality is so perfect. I can also check with my SA what’s available if you don’t have one.

Yes please !!!

Hi Everyone,

I am so undecided as to what I want my next Céline purchase to be. I already own the Belt bag in black and a Phantom in black. These are my choices.

If you have any of the bags please input your pros and cons !

Thank you ! View attachment 3943509View attachment 3943510View attachment 3943511View attachment 3943513View attachment 3943514

Hi @jaylynnramirez & my sweetest BigCherry!! Great choices that you are considering...love them all. As BigCherry knows, I did buy the TriFold clutch w/ chain bag (since i am obsessed & LOVE my larger TriFold) however i ended up returning it solely because I got it in the light grey color & it was just way too close in color/tone to my Box color. I thought about switching it for the black TriFold clutch color but I just didn’t want another black bag (have too many of them)...so I ended up switching it & getting my burgundy Clasp Flap bag instead. I did totally LOVE the design of the TriFold clutch...the only things i would consider is that it will look better if you don’t overload it w/ bulky items. The 3 sections are genius but it will look best & retain shape if it’s not overloaded....so I would only consider it if you don’t need to carry a lot. Plus the chain may get uncomfortable if you put too much inside. The Cabas & Big Bag options are also gorgeous. Good luck!!

Hi @jaylynnramirez & my sweetest BigCherry!! Great choices that you are considering...love them all. As BigCherry knows, I did buy the TriFold clutch w/ chain bag (since i am obsessed & LOVE my larger TriFold) however i ended up returning it solely because I got it in the light grey color & it was just way too close in color/tone to my Box color. I thought about switching it for the black TriFold clutch color but I just didn’t want another black bag (have too many of them)...so I ended up switching it & getting my burgundy Clasp Flap bag instead. I did totally LOVE the design of the TriFold clutch...the only things i would consider is that it will look better if you don’t overload it w/ bulky items. The 3 sections are genius but it will look best & retain shape if it’s not overloaded....so I would only consider it if you don’t need to carry a lot. Plus the chain may get uncomfortable if you put too much inside. The Cabas & Big Bag options are also gorgeous. Good luck!!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! Yes I was wondering how the chain was on the clutch. Was it sturdy? And also since I am adding to my collection.

I already have :

Phantom in black
Belt in black

I just want to add to my collection [emoji7] aI am narrowing it to the Trifold clutch or Cabas Phantom. Want a taupe or sand color since I have 2 black bags as well lol. Which do you think is more timeless ( Though Célines designers are impeccable) or good to add to my Céline collection?

Appreciate it!

I was looking at the key holder or the round coin purse ?

Thanks again [emoji4]

The round coin purse was from a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. I haven’t even seen any on the preloved market lately.

The key holders are actually on the website right now - only a local boutique would be able to tell you if they have any old season stock. My SA has only the current collection, he has none of the older pieces but suggested visiting the outlet as an option.

Some key cases and coin purses here

https://www.celine.com/en-us/small-leather-goods/more/

Thank you for the awesome feedback! Yes I was wondering how the chain was on the clutch. Was it sturdy? And also since I am adding to my collection.

I already have :

Phantom in black
Belt in black

I just want to add to my collection [emoji7] aI am narrowing it to the Trifold clutch or Cabas Phantom. Want a taupe or sand color since I have 2 black bags as well lol. Which do you think is more timeless ( Though Célines designers are impeccable) or good to add to my Céline collection?

Appreciate it!
You’re welcome! The chain was very pretty but it was thin. Since I didn’t keep it, I only had it on a short period of time when trying it on. I’m not sure how it would feel for a long length of time since it is a thin chain. I have several Chanel bags w/ chain straps & they definitely feel more “sturdy” than the TriFold clutch chain. Hopefully it would be ok/comfortable for you. If you love it, i think it would be a great addition to your Celine family. I’m also a big fan of the Cabas & hope to get one someday.....that is such a highly functional bag that I think it would be hard to go wrong w/ that one. Good luck!

Reactions: jaylynnramirez