which boots to keep?! need your help

punksjunk

O.G.
Sep 6, 2010
Hi All! My goal was to look for some classic, nice leather riding boots in black to wear through winter. I kind of imagined myself wearing them while travelling and looking chic in a coat and skinnies. My budget was $200-$250ish--if I went higher I'd charge some of it and pay it back within a month or two. I was hoping not to go too high either as property taxes are due come December and I want another LV purse as a gift to myself for Christmas & my birthday.

I've been ordering boots and have four boxes at the house currently. With so many boots, I've encountered a debacle...I may end up spending $400! on three boots! So which to keep and which to send back?

1.) I scored the dv by dolce vita travis boots in black for about $60. They're a casual leather and are super comfy and I can't get over how cheap I got them from $153. They're not as classic or nice as I was looking for, but I love how casual they are--I can just wear them to class or the market. Plus the leather does not look fake as some Steve Maddens/Chinese Laundry boots & I won't have to worry about "ruining" them in inclement weather.
http://www.amazon.com/DV-Dolce-Vita-Womens-Travis/dp/B0027Z4R8C
Here they are on me:
5146733305_8c95f18b3d_m.jpg

2.) I am going to order the Coach Benita boots tomorrow(http://******/9I6Nm9. They're a beautiful leather and I can see them lasting for years to come. They are what I am looking for but are going to cost $220. I don't have modeling shots but here are the Nancyes on me--I'm not keeping these because they are a little more masculine than I was hoping and the bottoms are super slippery.
5146738697_35b8f97d5d_m.jpg

3.) I ended up with these Frye Fiona's 3-straps in a saddle brown. I love Frye's for their quality and comfort. These boots look great and I managed to score them for $155. But they weren't what I was aiming to get...however, should I return even though I got them for far less than what they cost? Originally are ~$350. I can picture them in spring with jeans...
5147329140_79e94477fb_m.jpg

Wahh! I want them all. What should I do?

i say go with the benita - they seem like what you are looking for (and they are gorgeous!). i finally got a pair of black flat leather boots this winter and i am SO glad i got them!

Stick with your budget and goal and get the Benita, or similar, for now. Come spring, you can decide what your budget would allow for a pair of spring boots. Or...Keep the dv & Frye's and get two pairs for the price of one, instead. That way you'll end up with both a black pair and brown ones.

true, the more i think about the dv's, the more i realize how highschool i look in them--something i've been trying NOT to do for the last couple of years now that i am over the 25 hump.

Hi All! My goal was to look for some classic, nice leather riding boots in black to wear through winter. I kind of imagined myself wearing them while travelling and looking chic in a coat and skinnies. My budget was $200-$250ish--if I went higher I'd charge some of it and pay it back within a month or two. I was hoping not to go too high either as property taxes are due come December and I want another LV purse as a gift to myself for Christmas & my birthday.

I've been ordering boots and have four boxes at the house currently. With so many boots, I've encountered a debacle...I may end up spending $400! on three boots! So which to keep and which to send back?

1.) I scored the dv by dolce vita travis boots in black for about $60. They're a casual leather and are super comfy and I can't get over how cheap I got them from $153. They're not as classic or nice as I was looking for, but I love how casual they are--I can just wear them to class or the market. Plus the leather does not look fake as some Steve Maddens/Chinese Laundry boots & I won't have to worry about "ruining" them in inclement weather.
http://www.amazon.com/DV-Dolce-Vita-Womens-Travis/dp/B0027Z4R8C
Here they are on me:
5146733305_8c95f18b3d_m.jpg

2.) I am going to order the Coach Benita boots tomorrow(http://******/9I6Nm9. They're a beautiful leather and I can see them lasting for years to come. They are what I am looking for but are going to cost $220. I don't have modeling shots but here are the Nancyes on me--I'm not keeping these because they are a little more masculine than I was hoping and the bottoms are super slippery.
5146738697_35b8f97d5d_m.jpg

3.) I ended up with these Frye Fiona's 3-straps in a saddle brown. I love Frye's for their quality and comfort. These boots look great and I managed to score them for $155. But they weren't what I was aiming to get...however, should I return even though I got them for far less than what they cost? Originally are ~$350. I can picture them in spring with jeans...
5147329140_79e94477fb_m.jpg

Wahh! I want them all. What should I do?

Eeep..hard decision! I'd say get the Benita's and keep the Frye's too!
(The Nancye's I tried and the one's you are showing in the pic do not look the same..are those the Natale by chance?:smile:)

If you have to keep only only one then Keep the Frye's Fiona's 3-straps in a Saddle!
They L:hugs:K AWES:love:ME On You!
:ps::dothewave::ps:
And BTW that is a Great Price on them!​

I really do not like the DV boots. They just don't look nearly as nice as the other two pairs. As for the other two, a flatter boot might be more versatile and comfortable, but the Frye's look great, too. I don't think you could go wrong with either (or BOTH!) pairs.