Which Birkin to choose

BagsWhore

Serious Bag Addiction
O.G.
Mar 19, 2012
hi all
I’m very new to Hermès other than some of the bracelets..
now I am looking to get my first preloves Birkin 35... I am torn between 2.. maybe you ladies can help me out here...

So the first is a Birkin 35 in Hermès orange Clemence leather and ghw. It is c stamped. Is this like 1999? It has some minor scuffs on the edges but nothing major. The bag is well seasoned so it’s definitely not structured like New.

The second is a gold Togo Birkin 35 with palladium hardware. N stamped. What year is this? It Also has minor scuffs.

I’m like to collect bags and usually maybe 1-2 pieces of each brand of bag so I’m really looking for something that is classic...
I have read somewhere Clemence leather is more difficult to take care than Togo? Is that true?

The orange with ghw is just so Hermès and it’s really pretty... would u ladies say it’s more classic?

The Togo is about $1500 Singapore dollars more. Which would u get?

I have both a clemence and a togo bag and one isn't more difficult to take care than the other. If you are leaning towards the orange birkin, clemence is actually very easy to use and doesn't need to be babied.

Between the 2, I would pick the orange with ghw just because I want a gold birkin with ghw. However, gold with phw is pretty too. As for being more classic, well both are classic H colors. Just go with what you love more and not because it's a classic or not. Goodluck and let us know what you end up getting! :smile:

Reactions: alterego
Gold w/PHW gets my vote. I have this bag (it was my first, new from the boutique several years ago) in all the specs you listed and it is my go-to bag all year round. Classic, chic and very understated. Never fails to garner many compliments as well. While I like H Orange and it is a classic too, it is not understated. Also, not sure that I would want to be carrying an orange bag in my later years but many women do and look fantastic doing it too. Enjoy making this fun (but hard) decision!

Congrats and don't worry about the side slouch, a norm in clemence B35. You'll be happy to know that clemence is one of the leathers that can be restored to almost new condition via "SPA".

Congrats! As you have other brown/neutral bags, this H orange will definitely give you that pop. I have a kelly in clemence and love the carefree nature of her look and feel. Hope you enjoy her in the best of health and happiness!

Congrats! As you have other brown/neutral bags, this H orange will definitely give you that pop. I have a kelly in clemence and love the carefree nature of her look and feel. Hope you enjoy her in the best of health and happiness!
I have kelly in clemence too, it's just 2 years old, but her back is deformed already, do you have the same problem? Or only me is such a talented person? :smile:) :smile:)

I have kelly in clemence too, it's just 2 years old, but her back is deformed already, do you have the same problem? Or only me is such a talented person? :smile:) :smile:)

Hi! No, I don't have that problem...yet. However, I am sure it is only a matter of time since clemence leather is so soft and known to not hold its shape very well. My kelly is also larger at 40cm. That said, she is still keeping her shape well even though I have had her for almost 5 years now. Key for me is not to overstuff and store with air bubbles and laying down on the back. Enjoy your beautiful kelly, squishy back and all! :cool:

Hello, you are not alone. My Kelly 35 in clemence also has a deformed back or a 'bad back' :P, the back kind of slumps inwards and then outwards near the top.