Which Bag to get - advice needed

SaskiaS

Nov 18, 2007
So... I want to get a new Bag, I am currently on holidays and think I should treat myself. Although I am from Europe, and suprised how much more you pay here in the US for European Designers, I still would love the buy a new bag so I will always remember my stay here in NY.

So.:

I eyed the Pallisandro Satchel. But: I have a talco (white) and a sughetto (beige) satchel (old versions in the beautiful lambskin, what I actually really prefer) Thats why I dont know. The SA told me the shiny will remove after a while?! Is that true? It looks so shiny and glazed to me. Hm... Also 3 bows??

Or: Medium Brown Coffer (sorry dont know the name code) in lambskin but I have a black lambskin coffer + a sughero glazed coffer.
+ The brown is a bit weird. Its not such a "deep" color?!

Or.: Nero Satchel - what looks way to shiny in my eyes, but again, the SA told me it will become less shiny after a while?

Or.: Napa Matalesse Tote in black? Its basically the same bag as my cofor in black or? Same quilted leather + lambskin, same closing lock.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...cat000000cat257221cat260101cat261004cat235702

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/98636

(For some comparison)

Hm... this is sooo hard. I love them all... But I also dont want to buy the same bags all the time.. or too similar.

What do u girls think?

Please advice needed :smile:

Well, I love that Napa Matelasse tote - it's just gorgeous. Black bags are so useful, I always end up going back to black. I am not a brown fan, so its not even an option. Pallisandro - is that yellow? Could be very pretty in a bow. You would probably use the Nero matelasse tote more often, though.

I have a Pallisandro Bow satchel and I haven't noticed it getting less shiny with time. Mind you, I've only had it a couple of months. It seems that you like black and beige bags, but don't have a brown bag. I'd say:

1) if you need a brown bag, go with the Pallisandro bow.. it's gorgeous and matches any outfit.
2) if you feel more comfortable with a black bag, get the Matelasse tote because you don't have that style yet and it's really cute! (I wish I had one!)

hello. thank you for your replay. well I dont have the matelasse tote, but the matelasse stachel in black. Isnt it not very similiar?

Oh I see.. yeah, that IS very similar. Maybe too similar. Hmmm.... well, if it were me, I'd get a brown coloured bag... so, the Pallisandro Bow or the brown Coffer. Just because you don't have a brown bag yet. It really is a versatile colour. That's my 2 cents! :biggrin:

i vote for the pallisandro bow!

(1) as mentioned by artsygirl, you don't have a brown bag yet
(2) pallisandro is the perfect brown IMO
(3) you really can never have too many bows (btw - mini or regular bow?)
(4) the nero tote is fairly similar to your coffer

let us know what you decide! :smile: