Which bag(s) to take to Paris / Rome?

bem3231

O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
Hi everyone...

I will be spending a week in Paris and three days in Rome in early September. I will be traveling internationally from Canada, so need to choose bags that will both travel well and be appropriate for use while I'm there. I've removed from the running any of my bags that either don't zip closed, have too much vachetta, or cannot be shoulder carried. That leaves:

- Trevi PM: pros - elegant yet indestructible, hand or shoulder carry; cons - not large enough to carry umbrella, jacket, guidebook

- Totally GM Azur: pros - can carry everything that I need and more, lightweight, great for plane travel, summery; cons - is perhaps too big to be appropriate everywhere or to carry around a city for a whole day

- Black Neo-cabby GM: pros - can be dressed up or down, big enough to fit umbrella and guidebook, hand / shoulder / cross-body carry (I have a PM strap for it for shoulder carry); cons - less worry-free than canvas, prone to fade in sun or get dirty while going through security, etc.

I will bring my Damier Eva no matter what - so versatile for either short trips out (cross-body) or elegant evenings.

Any feedback / advice would be appreciated...

Thanks! :biggrin:

hey twin...

i would choose the trevi pm
i did the same combo eva & trevi pm
this spring in rome and summer in madrid

xxb

ps- forget azur if you are gonna be touristy,
but if its more luxury trip its a maybe...

Attachments

• eva madrid bebelastrange.jpg
    eva madrid bebelastrange.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 90
  • trevi pm rome bebelastrange.jpg
    trevi pm rome bebelastrange.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 93
tips 4 travel .... i do it a lot... =)
be careful of crowded places period, even if its a respected area
careful walking close to the street... bike snatchers are the worst!
have your travel buddy/husband be the guard on exposed side of the purse
eva is great but remember a knife can easily cut the vechetta...
xxb

My vote is for Neo-Cabby; what are you going to wear mainly during the day? Jeans? If so, I think the Neo-Cabby would look pretty stylish.....

I've travelled to both cities a few times; have never felt threatened or concerned......but of course, as always, be careful! Honestly, if you can't take your bags out/away with you and enjoy them, then whats the point? Enjoy your trip!

hard decision! i would vote for trevi since u won't have to worry about it in the rain, u can always get a smaller umbrella, and u can drape your jacket over it if necessary. the con is u may be doing a lot of walking, and it might get heavy throughout the day. i would have voted for the totally except for the rain/dirt factor. have a fun trip!