Which bag for nursing school?

Mariehd

May 11, 2014
I am trying to decide on a new bag for school. It needs to fit a MacBook Pro 13"
I am thinking a NF GM in DE, but worried about the thin straps. Anyone use a bag for school? If so which one? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I am trying to decide on a new bag for school. It needs to fit a MacBook Pro 13"
I am thinking a NF GM in DE, but worried about the thin straps. Anyone use a bag for school? If so which one? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Last year I thought I would take a few classes at a local college and when the first day rolled around I realized I did not have a back pack...well I decided just to use my NF MM and she worked out great! I brought my Mac Book Pro and Ipad and it held up beautifully. This is just my experience though. As a side note I had the NF Gm as well but I kept having serious quality control issues with her. Even though LV replaced the straps on her I ended up selling her. Take your Comp with you to the store and test her out in a bag. Good Luck in nursing school!!!!!! Those were the most stressful 4 years of my life!

I was wondering about the same thing! I'm starting the MBA program in a couple of weeks. I took my neverfull gm with me to orientation and I felt like the straps will dig into my shoulders if I put my Mac, books, etc in it. It may not be as stylish but I'm thinking of getting a backpack now.

I have had my Neverfull GM in DE for 5 years although I haven't carried it for at least 2 as it is just to big for me and I prefer hand held bags. When I bought it, the SA told me it was great for a laptop and could hold 600 pounds. I carried it for a year with my laptop amongst other things and the bag has almost no wear and tear. It is great quality. Didn't bother my shoulder.

I am thinking about a saumur :smile: Great messenger bags and come in varying sizes. I have a NF GM and think it would be fine as a school bag. I have taken it on trips and loaded it full. No issue with the strap digging in running through an airport :smile:

I highly recommend the Neverfull! I used a Neverfull GM DE for undergrad, and I will be using it for law school too. IMO the Neverfull GM is the best way to go because it is large enough to carry all of your things. I carried a Macbook Pro 13-inch, books, notebooks, water bottle, sweater, etc. My bag was never too heavy and the straps did not bother me at all. I do not own a Totally or another large tote bag from LV but from the pictures I have seen, I'm not sure if the Totally or other styles can fit as many things as the Neverfull since some of the other bags have zip closures at the top while the Neverfull is open at the top and more wide. Most of the girls at my school who carried LV totes as school bags used the Neverfull GM too.

Comparison videos on Youtube helped me to decide so check those out if you can. I hope this helps! Good luck deciding! :smile:

Not sure if I personally like the Totally, it has always reminded me of a diaper bag (which I am so done with!). Lol! I'm gonna check out the saumur and see if that would work. Headed to YouTube now... Any personal input is always appreciated!

I originally went for the Totally and though it was more comfortable, it did not fit nearly as much as my Neverfull does.

I use my neverfull MM for school and it is great. I don't have a problem with the straps unless I really load it but otherwise it great. I really recommend it. Good luck!

Second the NF. I take my NF MM in damier ebene to school/work everyday. I typically carry an a4 notebook, i-pad mini, two HDDs, phone and a calculator in it (+ other random stuff like pens etc) and it's fine. I also use a felt bag organiser to stop sagging and organisation which helps heaps.