Which bag for my one black Chanel

Which bag for my one black Chanel? (See first post for background)

• Caviar jumbo single flap shw

• Caviar medium CF shw

• Lambskin medium CF shw

• Caviar medium CF ghw

• Lambskin medium CF ghw

• None of these. Get a Birkin or Kelly (LOL!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 18, 2012
I have quite a few black bags and only want one black Chanel.

Currently I own a black caviar jumbo single flap w/ shw. (picture attached) I thought this would be a perfect every day bag. But, I just don’t find myself reaching for it. So, I’m considering selling it and purchasing a medium black CF. (Attached photo from Google)

I currently own a pearly grey medium CF :love: and love the way it looks on my frame while acknowledging it is not nearly as practical for carrying things as my Jumbos.

So, which should I have as my black Chanel? I’d love your views on any considerations: style, trends, functionality, holding financial value, hardware colors, leathers, etc.

Thanks in advance for your advice and insight!

Attachments

• IMG_6445.jpeg
    IMG_6445.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6447.jpeg
    IMG_6447.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Love
Reactions: Strep2031
Since you don't reach for the jumbo and don't find the medium practical, it sounds like you want to make the CF work, while it's not your perfect style

Since you don't reach for the jumbo and don't find the medium practical, it sounds like you want to make the CF work, while it's not your perfect style
The classic flap isn’t my perfect style but it’s one of my favored styles. I have whittled down my CF’s to 4 jumbos, 1 medium and 1 rectangular mini with the medium and mini getting the most use.

The black jumbo gets the least use because I have 8 black bags and enjoy most of them more.

So, there is no immediately intuitive info for me to declare one of these bags a winner. That’s why I’d like to get a range of perspectives on the pros and cons of each to help me make a decision.

It seems like you already have a nice CF collection 🤗. How about a nice 2.55? Personally, I reach more for my 2.55 bags than for my Jumbo. I even carry 2.55 more than Hermès B or K. I like how 2.55 is more "under the radar", less heavy than B/K (I have 30 and 35 B and 32 K, the smaller Hermès sizes are probably more lightweight) and I can wear it crossbody which is a huge pro for me lately.

Does it have to be CF? if it’s for every day use , 19 or 22 are more modern options. CF can be a little too much depending on where you go and what you do.
I hadn’t reached for my 19 in a while and was using my reissue more, the other day I decided to give my 19 another shot before I decide to sell it and I was pleasantly surprised/forgotten that I like it a lot for everyday use.

Does it have to be CF? if it’s for every day use , 19 or 22 are more modern options. CF can be a little too much depending on where you go and what you do.
I hadn’t reached for my 19 in a while and was using my reissue more, the other day I decided to give my 19 another shot before I decide to sell it and I was pleasantly surprised/forgotten that I like it a lot for everyday use.
What do you mean a CF can be "a little too much?"

Do you wear your other jumbos? Do you enjoy them?
Since Covid, I don’t wear them often because my lifestyle has changed (WFH, more active leisure like rock climbing vs dressy social events, etc.) However, I do enjoy and wear my medium and mini.

Potentially selling my black jumbo is me tipping my toe into the waters of selling more or all for something (who knows what) I’d prefer. I’m hesitating because I know I’d likely never rebuy a C jumbo. Therefore, since I have no need to sell them, I’ve just been ignoring them because I wonder if my life may switch in some unpredictable way yet again and I may be happy I kept them.
It seems like you already have a nice CF collection 🤗. How about a nice 2.55? Personally, I reach more for my 2.55 bags than for my Jumbo. I even carry 2.55 more than Hermès B or K. I like how 2.55 is more "under the radar", less heavy than B/K (I have 30 and 35 B and 32 K, the smaller Hermès sizes are probably more lightweight) and I can wear it crossbody which is a huge pro for me lately.
This is an interesting suggestion. I’ve never been drawn to the 2.55 but it seems that, like you, people who own them really like them. I should really take a look at one. Hmmmm…
Although they’re beautiful, the puffy bag trend doesn’t fit me. And the 22 looks like a garbage bag. :hrmm: So if I sell the jumbo and don’t replace it with a medium CF (or maybe even a mini) that I know I’ll wear, I would just but whatever other bag catches my eye and makes me happy. It definitely doesn’t have to be a Chanel but it would be nice to have one black Chanel I love.

Reactions: **Chanel**
This is an interesting suggestion. I’ve never been drawn to the 2.55 but it seems that, like you, people who own them really like them. I should really take a look at one. Hmmmm…
If you have the chance, I would definitely recommend to try on the 2.55 in different sizes to see if you like it.
Never regretted mine, only regret that I didn't buy 2 or 3 more when the prices were much more reasonable, lol.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Hang on to your jumbo for a while. But keep your eye out for a special black Chanel. Maybe it’s embroidered? Maybe it’s pearlescent? Maybe it’s navy? Maybe it’s a mini?

Don’t get rid of your jumbo until you figure out what exactly you want out of your black Chanel. (Is it meant to be your work horse? A daily bag? Special occasion)?

I have a lot of black bags, too. But I think that my collection kept growing because none of the bags were “the one.”

And every time that I tried to be practical, the bag sat on the shelf because it didn’t really spark joy.

Now I finally have 2 black bags that I love & I’m more in touch with my needs and preferences.

I voted for the medium classic flap black caviar, gold hardware since it’s the most classic. I don’t own this bag but would like to get one or the same specs in the small size.

I love the 2.55 and the 226 size is my current favorite. Another vote to consider this style if your lifestyle is getting more casual.

Hang on to your jumbo for a while. But keep your eye out for a special black Chanel. Maybe it’s embroidered? Maybe it’s pearlescent? Maybe it’s navy? Maybe it’s a mini?

Don’t get rid of your jumbo until you figure out what exactly you want out of your black Chanel. (Is it meant to be your work horse? A daily bag? Special occasion)?

I have a lot of black bags, too. But I think that my collection kept growing because none of the bags were “the one.”

And every time that I tried to be practical, the bag sat on the shelf because it didn’t really spark joy.

Now I finally have 2 black bags that I love & I’m more in touch with my needs and preferences.
Omg. Sorry. I just looked at my post and it’s full of weird spelling/wrong words. Sorry. I think my autocorrect went nuts.

Just meant to say that take your time deciding & if you like your other brand black bags more, that’s ok. I kind of did that. I have a few Chanel bags that I use a lot, but my black classic Chanel tends to sit.

Don’t just buy something to be practical. Buy/replace only when you fall in love with a bag.

Great suggestion! I think that’s the best way to go about this. It’s not “bothering” me in my closet so I can consider and purchase other black bags I’ll be passionate about and possibly sell the Jumbo I’m not passionate about then.

Reactions: Cali2HI and Ruby5