Which bag dilemma - bays or del rey?

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
Having sold our house a few weeks ago I have some money spare and would love to "invest" it on another mulberry.

I have 3 bags at the moment - a plum bays, black daria hobo and a pebbled beige lily. My favourite is the bays and that's probably the one I use the most.

I'd like to add an oak/deer brown bag to my collection but I'm not sure on the style. I love the style of the bays but feel like something different might be good. However, not having had a Del Rey I'm not sure how I'd get on with it.

So the question is - which would you choose and why?

Also - if you have a Del Rey how do you get on with it, can you carry it on your shoulder?

Having sold our house a few weeks ago I have some money spare and would love to "invest" it on another mulberry.

I have 3 bags at the moment - a plum bays, black daria hobo and a pebbled beige lily. My favourite is the bays and that's probably the one I use the most.

I'd like to add an oak/deer brown bag to my collection but I'm not sure on the style. I love the style of the bays but feel like something different might be good. However, not having had a Del Rey I'm not sure how I'd get on with it.

So the question is - which would you choose and why?

Also - if you have a Del Rey how do you get on with it, can you carry it on your shoulder?
you know that I will say get another Bays!!!
You love the style and it will always be classic :smile:

That's a tough one. Visually I'd say the oak bays is more appealing, however I imagine the added benefit of a zip on the Del Rey coming in handy. So aesthetics vs practicality imo.

If you'll scroll through past threads, there's a fairly recent one about , "oxblood bag: del rey vs. bays."
I posted a link to a youtube comparison of the 2 bags-- I found helpful. Same person has del rey review, also.
(Sorry--site issues leave me unable to post links here)

I think another bays would be a great option for you Sammiantha since you get on with it and use it regularly. I've got the older style del rey in deer brown and black spongy which I love and probably use more than my bays. The newer del reys fit over the shoulder but I personally think it looks better handheld or in the crook of the arm as it's a bit bulky.

Thanks for the opinions so far everyone. I have always been a bays lover through and through, in fact I hated the del rey when it first came out, but I wonder if I should try something new.

I haven't been able to find the other thread but I did find the YouTube video (here: http://youtu.be/UBkHt4FF_uo if anyone's interested).

Not sure if it's helped me but I did have a little heart flutter when she held up her bays. I would welcome anymore thoughts!

I also debated between these two styles at one point. Went with the bays and couldn't be happier! Never looked back. And actually I'm hoping to get another bays soon. Good luck with your decision :smile:

I would go with the Bays, don't think you can go wrong there, having 2 isn't excessive.

I purchased the regular Del Rey but sold it new with the tags attached. It was way too bulky for me. I much prefer the traditional Bays.

I very seldom carry my Bays', she's just too weighty for me ( I'm old & have a dodgy back & shoulder !!!), but, of the 2, and seeing as how you do carry your Bays', I'd say .. go Bayswater .. !!!
I must admit to not having found the Del Ray visually appealing, but must say I've never had "hands-on" so my opinion is based purely on pictures, whereas the Bayswater, to me, IS "Mulberry" - regardless of how many other styles they have done /will do (some of which I have & love !) .. the enduring Mulberry Icon has to be Bays so if you love her .. get another xx's

I have only carried the small in either bag, but find my del Rey easier to get into although my sbs doesn't have a zipper to claw my hand and opens wider for better view at what is inside. Personally I would go del Rey

Thanks everyone for sharing their opinions. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for both still (greedy) but as a few of you have said - the bays is a classic and defines mulberry for a lot of people.