Where's the feedback? And for that matter, the payment?

Schientist

Schientist
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
In the last couple of months I've experienced a DRASTIC uptick in the number of people that take several days to pay (or that don't pay at all) and then among those that do pay, they rarely if ever leave feedback. Of approximately 40 items sold in the last 60 days, over half have not left feedback. And yes, I'd rather get no feedback than bad feedback, but normally my rate is about 75% or higher.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know why it might be?

In the last couple of months I've experienced a DRASTIC uptick in the number of people that take several days to pay (or that don't pay at all) and then among those that do pay, they rarely if ever leave feedback. Of approximately 40 items sold in the last 60 days, over half have not left feedback. And yes, I'd rather get no feedback than bad feedback, but normally my rate is about 75% or higher.

Same here and when buyers pay. It is at the very last day possible,
Weird!:smile:

I don't know! Out of my 30 transactions on Bonanza, only 22 left feedback. I notice that every single person who did not leave feedback was a first time buyer (non seller) on Bonanza. They joined the day of the purchase to buy my items. I wonder if it is people just searching & buying & then moving on....They must have no intention on selling?

50% of my buyers on Bonanza didn't leave feedback either. True, they were all first time buyers, but so were the ones that did.

Actually, one was a veteran Bonanza'er & TPF'er & I left feedback for her. Not fair IMO, but what can you do?

Years ago I started to notice that people weren't leaving feedback. Sometimes I send a nice reminder but still get nothing. So now I only leave feedback after I get it, as a seller. When I buy I always leave feedback. I had 2 npb's in the last month alone and a quite a few stragglers in the payment department. I really wish sellers could leave feedback. I think since buyers know we can't they take advantage.

I too have noticed the lack of feedback being left after the sale is through. Out of the 10 items I sold late last month only 2 have left feedback. It may be that people are busy right now. The buyers I have had, have 20+ feedbacks. I know it's not just new people.

I have also adopted the policy of not leaving feedback until feedback is received.

I don't know! Out of my 30 transactions on Bonanza, only 22 left feedback. I notice that every single person who did not leave feedback was a first time buyer (non seller) on Bonanza. They joined the day of the purchase to buy my items. I wonder if it is people just searching & buying & then moving on....They must have no intention on selling?

50% of my buyers on Bonanza didn't leave feedback either. True, they were all first time buyers, but so were the ones that did.

Actually, one was a veteran Bonanza'er & TPF'er & I left feedback for her. Not fair IMO, but what can you do?
My percentage of feedback on Bonz is even less. If I'm lucky (and this is a stretch), 20% leave feedback. The percentage is actually less but many are "buyers" who never paid for their purchases. But of those who paid, it's just 20%. :sad:

I agree, barely anyone leaves feedback these days. I'd say my feedback rate is about 50% on eBay, and even lower than that on Etsy, where I also sell. A lot of the times people either don't care, or don't know how to leave feedback. I think eBay sends buyers a few reminders to leave feedback, but those e-mails are easy to ignore.

My guess is that if they are a first-time buyer, they don't quite understand why feedback is so valuable in these types of situations. I mean, I get feedback email requests for everything I buy on Amazon and I don't pay any attention to them; perhaps these people feel the same way?

as mainly a buyer (i sell every once in awhile) - i honestly just forget to leave feedback. usually i only remember to do so if i have to go back to ebay, go into my account and see that i still need to leave feedback.

I leave feedback for my buyers at the time of the purchase (my items are fixed price/immediate payment required) and still I only get about 15% feedback. I assume they are happy or they would let me know. But I dont think its the issue of new buyers. here is an example. This buyer bought a $$$$ item from me. He/she messaged me to tell me to include packing slip/listing number in the package so it would be easy for him/her to leave feedback. i was curious and decided to check out buyer's feedback. Check this out: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=zappeastusa4&ftab=AllFeedback Needless to say I did NOT leave this buyer any feedback. And I assume buyer is happy with the purchase because I havent heard from him.

I leave feedback for my buyers at the time of the purchase (my items are fixed price/immediate payment required) and still I only get about 15% feedback. I assume they are happy or they would let me know. But I dont think its the issue of new buyers. here is an example. This buyer bought a $$$$ item from me. He/she messaged me to tell me to include packing slip/listing number in the package so it would be easy for him/her to leave feedback. i was curious and decided to check out buyer's feedback. Check this out: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=zappeastusa4&ftab=AllFeedback Needless to say I did NOT leave this buyer any feedback. And I assume buyer is happy with the purchase because I havent heard from him.

I do the same as well. Some people are plain rude!:lol:

Good grief!!!! over 3k positives & he hasn't left a single one for anyone!!! Rude indeed.

I have to deal with these types of buyers all the time.

When a buyer wins an auction, I immediately send them a message and ask them to tell me when they receive the item. Not only do they NOT reply to my message or tell me when they've received the item, but they also never leave me any feedback! It frustrates me so much!

Wow, thanks for all the responses! I'm really relieved to know it's not just me (in that misery-loves-company kind of way) but I'm sorry to hear that everyone else is also not getting the FB they work hard for!

I was referring mostly to my Ebay sales... not a single one of my Bonz buyers have left feedback for the past year (and like BeenBurned said, that's IF they've even paid) and on Bonz I don't leave FB till they leave it for me. I've gotten dinged on communication for not leaving FB first on Ebay, so I do leave it first. Don't know if that hurts or helps... seems like kind of a no-win situation.

Out of curiosity, has anyone noticed a particular trend of buyers who DO leave feedback? I have found absolutely none... comparing new buyers vs. seasoned buyers, whether the item was expensive or cheap, new or used, etc.

Anywho. Thanks again!