wheres the cheapest country to get gucci?

I bought 2 Gucci bags in Italy last winter for a fraction of the price here in the U.S. I also picked up a pair of Chanel sunglasses which were about $200 cheaper. italy was beautiful & you can't beat the shopping!

I think I'll be working in Italy NEXT summer (Internship, which I'm REALLY hoping to get!) and now I'm even more excited... another reason to go! I'll have to get a travel guide that shows all the hotspots for shopping, too. SO MUCH FUN!

Returning U.S. citizens who have been away for at least 48 hours are allowed to bring back, once every 30 days, $800 worth of merchandise duty-free. You'll be charged a flat rate of duty on the next $1,000 worth of purchases. Any dollar amount beyond that is dutiable at whatever rates apply. On mailed gifts, the duty-free limit is $200. Be sure to have your receipts handy to expedite the declaration process. Note: If you owe duty, you are required to pay on your arrival in the U.S, by cash, personal check, government or traveler's check, or money order, and in some locations, a Visa or MasterCard.

I heard from somewhere that you have to pay a fee/tax when you bring back expensive/designer goods, is that true?

Returning U.S. citizens who have been away for at least 48 hours are allowed to bring back, once every 30 days, $800 worth of merchandise duty-free. You'll be charged a flat rate of duty on the next $1,000 worth of purchases. Any dollar amount beyond that is dutiable at whatever rates apply. On mailed gifts, the duty-free limit is $200. Be sure to have your receipts handy to expedite the declaration process. Note: If you owe duty, you are required to pay on your arrival in the U.S, by cash, personal check, government or traveler's check, or money order, and in some locations, a Visa or MasterCard.
wow, how strict are they on imposing this tax? I know most places ask you to declare and I just leave it blank or put a small amount.

In italy I found it was cheap at the Gucci outlet at the mall near florence. I paid around 300.00usd for a monogram medium abbey around 45 euro for wallet and 30 euro for silver ring. They had really cheap things there scarves for around 30 euro or so and shoes for around 75 - 100 euro . I think this is a little cheaper than the us outlets. There were also good deals at the other stores such as Fendi scarves around 16 euro.. I know many ebay sellers and online stores visit the mall in italy during sales to buy stock

Hello!
That' so exciting. I'll be going to Italy this year on my honeymoon. Do you , by any chance, know the exact location of the outlets? I've heard they are hard to find. And do you know when the sales happen?

Thanks so much :smile:):tender:

Thanks for the information.
which part of italy had the most oulet gathering together so that i no need to wondering around? Or which part had the most outlet nearby each other.
Wish to go for a outlet shopping but do not know which part of italy to visit.
Mainly looking for bags.:yahoo: