Where to shop!

VERY, VERY BAD experience with EnchantedBeautySpot on eBay. They made a billing error and when I called it to their attention, the response was an email calling me ignorant and canceling the transaction because I was 'rude', totally ignoring PayPal proof that I had paid them immediately. They have great feedback, but now I'm thinking they cancel rather than make things right so the negative never gets recorded. Lots of merchandise but the woman who runs it is a nutcase.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I only ordered once from them (last month) and didn't have any problems. I'm in another continent but my polish arrived within 2 weeks. Hope you will resolve things with them soon :hugs:

VERY, VERY BAD experience with EnchantedBeautySpot on eBay. They made a billing error and when I called it to their attention, the response was an email calling me ignorant and canceling the transaction because I was 'rude', totally ignoring PayPal proof that I had paid them immediately. They have great feedback, but now I'm thinking they cancel rather than make things right so the negative never gets recorded. Lots of merchandise but the woman who runs it is a nutcase.

Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you. I just ordered a polish from that seller and I had no issues with them. I hope that you'll get this sorted out.

Does anyone have recommendations for where to ship in-person in Los Angeles? I know of a few really good beauty supply stores downtown to get essie, China Glaze, Orly, and OPI on the cheap (Hollywood Beauty, Starlight, Skyline, etc.), and am looking for similar recommendations.

Or, if you know of retail stores (if any) that sell less widespread brands like Nubar, RGB, etc. I'd love to know - I'm all about looking at colors in person if I can. I feel like there should be some good places to hunt up polish in Koreatown, but have no idea where to begin!

Not sure if this is off-topic; if you think it is, let me know and I can start a separate thread!

^K-town Galleria Beauty Palace has Nubars($7) but not a huge selection... They also have OPI. I haven't seen any other beauty supplys in k-town that carry anything special other than that location. If you see anything in that area, let me know!

Otherwise, I've gone to Little Saigon/Westminster in the TK shopping center and seen a great selection of Nubars($3.50), OPIs($4), China Glaze($2.50), Color Club, CNDS, and some Essie. there are several other stores in the area that are good. Skyline down there is a rip off compared to those.

There's also the Nail Supply House on Valley blvd, two locations, in Alhambra/San Gabriel and they carry OPI($5), China Glaze($3), CNDs, and Orly
($3.50).

Downtown there's a couple beauty places on Los Angeles street that carry $1 NYX and Kleancolors.

I've been to all these places but never anywhere near the Chinatown stores.... I've been meaning to check those out.

Also, Nubars headquarters in located in Atwater Village... I've never called or asked, but I've read of a blogger going there and being able to purchase stuff. I've been wanting to check it out if it's open to the public but I'm not sure if it is.

^Thank you so much!! I've been to the places you mentioned in San Gabriel/Alhambra and Downtown, but was clueless about Westminster! I totally thought I'd make it through this weekend with only buying 1 bottle of polish, but not surprisingly, this will not be the case - I'm off to browse TPF to find some color recommendation to try out from Nubar, and will be road-tripping to Westminster to do some hauling...

I did also see that Nubar's facilities are in Atwater Village, and was also curious if they sell to the public. (OPIs offices in North Hollywood are a few miles away from me, and on the rare occasion I drive past, I salivate wishing I could go in.) I'm going to give them a call in the next few days to see if they sell to the public as Atwater Village is much closer to me than Westminster, but I just can't wait that long, so off to OC I go! I'll post when I find something out...

just noticed that Revolveclothing.com carries some DL and BL... codes are applicable, and there is no minimum for free shipping! YAY!

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Bran...preload=false&isPopupEnabled=true&search=nail

Also, I saw on retailmenot.com that Revolve offers 30% off for new customers/first order. I emailed CS and got confirmation:

Thank you for your inquiry. We do have a 30% discount available to our new customers. There is not one coupon you may enter during checkout to redeem the discount so you may place the order with out any coupons and please contact us with the invoice number so that we could manually take the discount off for you. Please note that this discount is valid on both sale and full priced items. However, due to the manufacturer’s request, we are not allowed to use code matching and coupons on the following brands: True Religion, 7 for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, Paige, Hudson, Sugar Cane, T by Alexander Wang, JNBY, Diane von Furstenberg, Ash, Joe's Jeans, Cheap Monday, Clu, Common Projects, Rose, Band of Outsiders, J Brand, & Alexander Wang, Preen, Botkier, Vince, 3sixteen, ALC, Theory, Joie, Soft Joie, Elizabeth & James, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Black Halo, and Juicy Couture. I understand that this can be an inconvenience, but unfortunately it is a restriction placed upon us by the manufacturer. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to doing business with you!

So this is good for Butter London and Deborah Lippmann polishes!

hi ladies! havent been in this forum in a while! i know im on a ban, but im on the prowl for my first CG! im thinking from ordering from http://www.luxuryparlor.com/chinaglaze.html. any experiences? TIA :flowers:

I haven't shopped with them personally but I was thinking about it one time and I googled them...not good! Several people saying their credit cards were charged but they never received their orders...just a heads up!

I bought some Nfu-Oh polishes off the http://www.viis.ee site.

They did have a funny system for reserving polishes but one I managed to make my order everthing was fine.

My polished got here in under a week, perfectly packaged.

I would order from them again...especially as I'm lusting after #46 after blu's photos....:graucho:

^Thank you so much!! I've been to the places you mentioned in San Gabriel/Alhambra and Downtown, but was clueless about Westminster! I totally thought I'd make it through this weekend with only buying 1 bottle of polish, but not surprisingly, this will not be the case - I'm off to browse TPF to find some color recommendation to try out from Nubar, and will be road-tripping to Westminster to do some hauling...

I did also see that Nubar's facilities are in Atwater Village, and was also curious if they sell to the public. (OPIs offices in North Hollywood are a few miles away from me, and on the rare occasion I drive past, I salivate wishing I could go in.) I'm going to give them a call in the next few days to see if they sell to the public as Atwater Village is much closer to me than Westminster, but I just can't wait that long, so off to OC I go! I'll post when I find something out...

Beauty Palace also carries the Japanese brand pa and a couple of Korean-brand polishes.