Where to shop in NYC - near Times Square

Both Daffy's and C21 are designer brand discount stores. C21 has much better selections and one of the tourist destinations. It's in Financial District but you can always hop into taxi. (I think it would be about 15 min. ride without traffic).

If you don't have much time for shopping, I recommend Fifth Avenue area. It's only two avenue blocks from Times Square. And if you walk through Rockefeller Center (49th or 50th street), you would find many stores before hitting Fifth Avenue. (My favorite is Anthropologie on 50th St.) Here is info.

http://www.rockefellercenter.com/index.php

On Fifth, starting from Saks on 49th St., you would see many stores up to 59th St.
Turn right on 57th to go to Madison Avenue. Boutiques start from 57th St on Madison. Barneys NY is on 61st St.

Right now, stores are having summer sales. Let us know what you score. Happy shopping!

34th street is not too far from times square.. and since the weather is nice now, it's a good walk!

In Herald SQ/34th street you can find Macy's, Victoria's Secret, Gap, Forever21, H&M, Daffys, JC Penny, Sephora and Old Navy!!

However, there's Sephora/Forever21/Ann Taylor Loft/Gap/Toys R Us in Times SQ area :smile:

Nyria, go to Indigo and check out the maps section. I found a great one for NYC that only has stores - plotted out on a map. I can't remember what the name is, but it was basically "Shopping in NYC". My gfs and I are going in August, and we've already planned out our routes! :smile:

If you can venture further downtown (about 10 minutes on the R train), get off at Prince Street and go to TopShop and Allsaints, they're 2 British brands. The stores are great, and they're currently having sales (not sure how long they'll last).

And I'm all for 5th avenue! So many great stores there, its not a bad walk at all.

Also, if you dance, go take class at Broadway Dance Center on 45th between 8th and 9th Avenues. Classes are usually an hour and a 1/2, they're $18 each.

There's a Daffys near Times Square (44th & Madison I think), but it's not worth going to. I was just in there this morning too. Century 21 is better, but I wasn't impressed the last time I went in there. I think it used to be better. Plus if you go down there, there's not much else unless you want to visit Ground Zero or Wall Street. For a discount store, I'd recommend Nordstrom Rack (Union Square) or TJ Maxx (there's one on the Upper West Side close to Central Park in the 90s, but I'm sure there are others).

If you walk to Rockefeller Center, there's lot of stores there and then you can walk up 5th Ave and hit up all the stores like Saks, which is right across the street. I second Anthropologie though!