Where is the Best Clinics in Korea for our ''Revision Asian Eyelid Surgery''?

(I'm posting this in different areas because I want to warn or at least inform others. I know that everyone's experience can be different.)

Hi everyone, last month I decided to get revisional double eyelid surgery at MVP due to positive reviews on this forum...unfortunately, I am completely upset with the results and feel depressed. :sad: My eyes are entirely uneven - the doctor did ptosis correction on my left eye MUCH more than on my right eye. So when I blink and also when my eyes are open, it's incredibly obvious that my left eye is bigger (as in, you can see much more of my left eyeball/brown iris). My left eyelid opens upwards much more, and it's not like I can control how much it lifts up versus my right eye. I've been spending more time doing makeup to try to make it even, but it's really difficult and people can still tell, because that's how big of the difference there is. Has anyone had this issue before? I thought MVP would be good for revisional double eyelid and Ellen made it seem like this would be the last time I would ever need eyelid surgery...now I'm already thinking about my next surgery. This is incredibly upsetting and I feel angry at the doctor and the clinic. When I was expressing my preferences and concerns before the surgery, it looked like he didn't even care. Maybe because MVP knew that I was a foreigner/didn't live in Korea, they didn't provide me with the best surgery possible. I don't understand how Korean doctors who have probably performed thousands of surgeries could make a mistake like this. I understand that you can't expect perfectly even eyes, but the unevenness in my case is unbelievable. And I know that I still have to wait for the swelling to go down over months, but that's not going to change the image because it's the ptosis that's the problem here. I would post pictures but I don't like sharing private information on the Internet...I want to cry everyday. Also, MVP definitely overcharges. They charged me 3 million won when another clinic asked for 2.4...I chose MVP because of the good reviews here and because I thought that a high price meant quality results. Boy was I wrong, and I deeply regret it. Oh and another horrible result - it's not just the ptosis that is uneven. The eye shapes are completely different too. My right eye has like an upside down U shape (like a normal eye for example), but my left eye looks deformed like...okay this is a better way to picture it: my right eye looks like ) shaped, but my left eye is more like ] shaped. It doesn't curve, it's more like a straight line across the top. I hope that makes sense. Please do your research instead of depending on these internet postings, and really take your time with consults at MANY different clinics. Meanwhile, I will keep looking for other clinics for my next and hopefully last revisional surgery...I am so heartbroken.

Edit: the clinic I'm talking about is
http://mvpps.com/mvp/mvp.asp?part=mvp

And Korean version:
http://www.imvp.co.kr/eye/center/ssang.jsp

(I might consider posting pictures of my botched results after a few months after the swelling has subsided even more)

Edit: furthermore, the aftercare wasn't good. It felt rushed and it didn't seem like they even cared - probably because they knew I was leaving Korea soon. The nurse was really nice and good at thread removal, but that's about it. They didn't even offer anti-inflammatory shots or treatment even though my swelling was really bad, and the medications weren't included in the price...
This is a classic example of a fake negative shill review probably written by someone working for a competing clinic. The review will not mention which doctor as it never happened. There will be no photos as it is fake. And no mention of the consultant's name. Another giveaway is the price. Sounds like it may be written by someone working for Opera. Revision des for 3 million is cheap as I was quoted 4-5 million ar other clinics in 2016. Just choose my revision des surgeon at mvp Dr Seo and you will be fine. Always get ptosis correction too as it tightens the muscle so the des crease will stay put and not drop, like smas addresses the muscles and bullhorn lip lift too.

Remember shills can write fake positive and fake negative reviews. Always ask for the name of the ps and photos.

Examples of real negative reviews are from @NadineP and her awful rhino photo at april31 and @krod2017 and her botched rhino photo at tlps.

This is a classic example of a fake negative shill review probably written by someone working for a competing clinic. The review will not mention which doctor as it never happened. There will be no photos as it is fake. And no mention of the consultant's name. Another giveaway is the price. Sounds like it may be written by someone working for Opera. Revision des for 3 million is cheap as I was quoted 4-5 million ar other clinics in 2016. Just choose my revision des surgeon at mvp Dr Seo and you will be fine. Always get ptosis correction too as it tightens the muscle so the des crease will stay put and not drop, like smas addresses the muscles and bullhorn lip lift too.

Remember shills can write fake positive and fake negative reviews. Always ask for the name of the ps and photos.

Examples of real negative reviews are from @NadineP and her awful rhino photo at april31 and @krod2017 and her botched rhino photo at tlps.
Hi @MissOrange , may I ask why did you deduce that she works for Opera? Opera is on my shortlist. Does Opera have a bad reputation here on PF?

Reactions: HB@mina and jehaga
Hi can you tell me which clinic did you have your eyelid revision please? I also have raised scars after my primary eyelid surgery and I am planning to go to Korea for eyelid revision
Honestly? Yes. They knocked me out in the beginning (where I had a nightmare that I was dying), revived me in the middle (just for the most painful part... wtf?) and then knocked me out again for the nose job (which was painless b/c I was fully asleep with no dreams or nightmares).

I hated the process, especially compared to my primary eyelid surgery in America (where it was all local anesthesia, no sedation, and completely painless... I recovered in 5-7 days vs. the 2-3 months after Korea).

However, to their credit, I scarred horribly after my American surgery and did not scar at all after my Korean surgery. So maybe their more painful technique helped somehow. Their technique of tiny stitches (vs. my American doctor's big, loopy ones) seemed to make a difference, too.
ca

Reactions: LaTerre
I just had eyelid revision in Seoul in November this year and I am really disappointed with my results. I think I need to go to Seoul again for another eyelid revision. Anyone going to Seoul next year for eyelid revision? maybe we can talk and catch up. Please add my kakaotalk id: Cindy1202

Reactions: LaTerre
I just had eyelid revision in Seoul in November this year and I am really disappointed with my results. I think I need to go to Seoul again for another eyelid revision. Anyone going to Seoul next year for eyelid revision? maybe we can talk and catch up. Please add my kakaotalk id: Cindy1202

I went through double eyelid surgeries four times in Thailand. First time I was young and did not communicate with the doctor before the surgery. I let the surgeon chose the height of my double eyelid and it turned out to be too high which made me look tired and sad( he also took out a lot of my upper eyelid fat). So I decided to get a double eyelid revision with another surgeon but this time I told him that I wanted to lower the height of my double eyelid to my original one. I was extremely satisfied with the result until eight years later when I noticed that my eyes looked tired because of hollow eyelid and some excess skin. I went to consult with the same surgeon who performed an eyelid revision for me last time and insisted that I only wanted an upper fat graft only. Although he did not think I needed to do anything but he agreed to do it for me. However, he kept telling me that I could also get higher double eyelid but not as high as when I had it done first time and had my excess skin removed. Since I trusted him so much and he kept insisting on what he thought on my operation day, I let him do it the way he wanted and guess what, it turned out that my eyes looked very small, droopy and sad. But I was also the one to blame since an upper eyelid fat graft was not a solution for my problem from the beginning. At first, I was gonna give up even though I was sad that nobody told me that I was pretty anymore but it was not as bad as the first time so I did not want to risk it anymore. I covered my face with a baseball cap and sunglasses most of the times. Until I came back to Thailand for a vacation recently, I met an old lady who encouraged me to get my original eye back again. I am so glad that I listened to her and had it done in Thailand instead of Korea. This time, my surgeon happened to be an ophthalmologist as well. It was really expensive (not as expensive as in Korean) but I was willing to pay a fortune anyway if I could at least get my original eye back. It turned out I didn't get my original eye back exactly and they have not seemed to be perfectly equaled yet but I am extremely satisfied as it solved all my problems and It healed super fast. I got a good feedbacks from people around me so far. I wanted to share my experience with you and everyone here as I was once considering getting a surgery in Korea as well. I contacted many agents and hospitals directly before, they quoted $5,000 to 9,000 just for double eyelid revision which also includes many procedures like extending the length of my eyes and ptosis correction. As much as I was willing to pay for beauty, I was also hesitating since I heard many horror stories of Thai people who got botched surgeries in Korea and some of them almost died. Most of good surgeons that are famous among locals in my country don't do much marketing especially to foreigners since they already have many patients from referring. I do not want to disencourage from going to get a revision in Korea but you should at least find someone who could share with you their real experiences of having an eyelid revision in Korea. Even though I spent years searching online, I still couldnt find one but I hope you find one soon. Anyway, best of lucks and do not give up :smile:

Reactions: Devilstar
I went through double eyelid surgeries four times in Thailand. First time I was young and did not communicate with the doctor before the surgery. I let the surgeon chose the height of my double eyelid and it turned out to be too high which made me look tired and sad( he also took out a lot of my upper eyelid fat). So I decided to get a double eyelid revision with another surgeon but this time I told him that I wanted to lower the height of my double eyelid to my original one. I was extremely satisfied with the result until eight years later when I noticed that my eyes looked tired because of hollow eyelid and some excess skin. I went to consult with the same surgeon who performed an eyelid revision for me last time and insisted that I only wanted an upper fat graft only. Although he did not think I needed to do anything but he agreed to do it for me. However, he kept telling me that I could also get higher double eyelid but not as high as when I had it done first time and had my excess skin removed. Since I trusted him so much and he kept insisting on what he thought on my operation day, I let him do it the way he wanted and guess what, it turned out that my eyes looked very small, droopy and sad. But I was also the one to blame since an upper eyelid fat graft was not a solution for my problem from the beginning. At first, I was gonna give up even though I was sad that nobody told me that I was pretty anymore but it was not as bad as the first time so I did not want to risk it anymore. I covered my face with a baseball cap and sunglasses most of the times. Until I came back to Thailand for a vacation recently, I met an old lady who encouraged me to get my original eye back again. I am so glad that I listened to her and had it done in Thailand instead of Korea. This time, my surgeon happened to be an ophthalmologist as well. It was really expensive (not as expensive as in Korean) but I was willing to pay a fortune anyway if I could at least get my original eye back. It turned out I didn't get my original eye back exactly and they have not seemed to be perfectly equaled yet but I am extremely satisfied as it solved all my problems and It healed super fast. I got a good feedbacks from people around me so far. I wanted to share my experience with you and everyone here as I was once considering getting a surgery in Korea as well. I contacted many agents and hospitals directly before, they quoted $5,000 to 9,000 just for double eyelid revision which also includes many procedures like extending the length of my eyes and ptosis correction. As much as I was willing to pay for beauty, I was also hesitating since I heard many horror stories of Thai people who got botched surgeries in Korea and some of them almost died. Most of good surgeons that are famous among locals in my country don't do much marketing especially to foreigners since they already have many patients from referring. I do not want to disencourage from going to get a revision in Korea but you should at least find someone who could share with you their real experiences of having an eyelid revision in Korea. Even though I spent years searching online, I still couldnt find one but I hope you find one soon. Anyway, best of lucks and do not give up :smile:

Thank you for sharing your experience :smile: I am glad that you got good result and are happy with your eyes now now. I know that there are also many good clinics in Thailand too, but it is extremely hard for me to find information because I am foreigners. :sad: people only talk a lot about clinics in Korea. After my primary surgery in my country, my eyes were scarring badly and I also have hypertrophic scars in the inner corner of my eyes. I was very desparating and waiting each day to pass to come to Seoul for my revision surgery. However, the doctor did not help me with my scars and now I am facing the thread of uneven eyes now ( I am 1.5 months post operation, maybe because of swelling that cause my eyes to be uneven). After my primary surgery, I have lost all my confidence and do not want to go out and look to other people anymore and now I feel like I have to suffer from the same situation all over again. Finding a clinic is also very challenging because every clinic has good and bad reviews and also many reviews are also promoters. I really hope I can find someone having the same problem with me and find a clinic suit me :sad:

Thank you for sharing your experience :smile: I am glad that you got good result and are happy with your eyes now now. I know that there are also many good clinics in Thailand too, but it is extremely hard for me to find information because I am foreigners. :sad: people only talk a lot about clinics in Korea. After my primary surgery in my country, my eyes were scarring badly and I also have hypertrophic scars in the inner corner of my eyes. I was very desparating and waiting each day to pass to come to Seoul for my revision surgery. However, the doctor did not help me with my scars and now I am facing the thread of uneven eyes now ( I am 1.5 months post operation, maybe because of swelling that cause my eyes to be uneven). After my primary surgery, I have lost all my confidence and do not want to go out and look to other people anymore and now I feel like I have to suffer from the same situation all over again. Finding a clinic is also very challenging because every clinic has good and bad reviews and also many reviews are also promoters. I really hope I can find someone having the same problem with me and find a clinic suit me :sad:

Sorry to hear that. I am sure that uneven eyes will look less noticeable better once it completely healed. About the scars, I think it can be easily fixed if you have excess skins but give it at least six months. I found a thread here that recommends some clinics in Korea that seems legit but still I cannot find much informations about those clinics. Ill leave a link below just in case you are interested. I can also recommend you some clinics in Thailand as well :smile: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-ultimate-plastic-surgery-guide-in-korea-pt-2.993263/

Sorry to hear that. I am sure that uneven eyes will look less noticeable better once it completely healed. About the scars, I think it can be easily fixed if you have excess skins but give it at least six months. I found a thread here that recommends some clinics in Korea that seems legit but still I cannot find much informations about those clinics. Ill leave a link below just in case you are interested. I can also recommend you some clinics in Thailand as well :smile: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-ultimate-plastic-surgery-guide-in-korea-pt-2.993263/
Thank you so much for helping me I am appreciated it :smile:. Yes, Can I message you to get information about clinics in Thailand :smile:

(I'm posting this in different areas because I want to warn or at least inform others. I know that everyone's experience can be different.)

Hi everyone, last month I decided to get revisional double eyelid surgery at MVP due to positive reviews on this forum...unfortunately, I am completely upset with the results and feel depressed. :sad: My eyes are entirely uneven - the doctor did ptosis correction on my left eye MUCH more than on my right eye. So when I blink and also when my eyes are open, it's incredibly obvious that my left eye is bigger (as in, you can see much more of my left eyeball/brown iris). My left eyelid opens upwards much more, and it's not like I can control how much it lifts up versus my right eye. I've been spending more time doing makeup to try to make it even, but it's really difficult and people can still tell, because that's how big of the difference there is. Has anyone had this issue before? I thought MVP would be good for revisional double eyelid and Ellen made it seem like this would be the last time I would ever need eyelid surgery...now I'm already thinking about my next surgery. This is incredibly upsetting and I feel angry at the doctor and the clinic. When I was expressing my preferences and concerns before the surgery, it looked like he didn't even care. Maybe because MVP knew that I was a foreigner/didn't live in Korea, they didn't provide me with the best surgery possible. I don't understand how Korean doctors who have probably performed thousands of surgeries could make a mistake like this. I understand that you can't expect perfectly even eyes, but the unevenness in my case is unbelievable. And I know that I still have to wait for the swelling to go down over months, but that's not going to change the image because it's the ptosis that's the problem here. I would post pictures but I don't like sharing private information on the Internet...I want to cry everyday. Also, MVP definitely overcharges. They charged me 3 million won when another clinic asked for 2.4...I chose MVP because of the good reviews here and because I thought that a high price meant quality results. Boy was I wrong, and I deeply regret it. Oh and another horrible result - it's not just the ptosis that is uneven. The eye shapes are completely different too. My right eye has like an upside down U shape (like a normal eye for example), but my left eye looks deformed like...okay this is a better way to picture it: my right eye looks like ) shaped, but my left eye is more like ] shaped. It doesn't curve, it's more like a straight line across the top. I hope that makes sense. Please do your research instead of depending on these internet postings, and really take your time with consults at MANY different clinics. Meanwhile, I will keep looking for other clinics for my next and hopefully last revisional surgery...I am so heartbroken.

Edit: the clinic I'm talking about is
http://mvpps.com/mvp/mvp.asp?part=mvp

And Korean version:
http://www.imvp.co.kr/eye/center/ssang.jsp

(I might consider posting pictures of my botched results after a few months after the swelling has subsided even more)

Edit: furthermore, the aftercare wasn't good. It felt rushed and it didn't seem like they even cared - probably because they knew I was leaving Korea soon. The nurse was really nice and good at thread removal, but that's about it. They didn't even offer anti-inflammatory shots or treatment even though my swelling was really bad, and the medications weren't included in the price...

Hi I private messaged you regarding MVP clinic as I have also had a below average experience with them. Please get back to me as it will be much appreciated! :smile:

Thank you so much for helping me I am appreciated it :smile:. Yes, Can I message you to get information about clinics in Thailand :smile:
Sure. I sent you a private conversation.
check out a private conversation.

Hi Tayaton5, thanks for sharing with us your experiences!
I have gone through double eyelid and epi surgeries twice and both cases were failures.
I am interested to know which clinics are good in eyelid revisions in Thailand.
Can you please share with me! Thanks in advance!

I've been doing some research on clinics for revision rhinoplasty and I stumbled upon GEO/GIO clinic.
They specialize on eyes and won best surgery clinic in 2016.The doctor is also very famous among the locals I don't know why no one talks about this clinic here on purseforum.

Thanks all Ps member that recommened doctor Shin for eyelid revision .I love my result.This is my pix after the operation 3 hours .
Hi "CANCAN334"
Can you please tell me which clinic and doctor you went to for the eyelid revision. How much does it cost? And do you have any before photos. Your surgery look very good and i want to have my done in the same way. Thanks