Where have all the Mulberry buyer's gone?

Looking at the bayswater, have anyone bought the recent bayswater and can tell me the difference between the old ones beside the leather?
I’ve looked into it, but from what I’ve gathered, there is the classic heritage bayswater. It has a less structured design. Then around 2016 , they redesigned it and called it the “new“ bayswater , structured, lighter, with the wing. It looks like they have phased out the “new” design. Online, they just have the heritage one. The bag I bought is probably the newer of the “new“ redesign. let me find a video or article for you .

I’ve looked into it, but from what I’ve gathered, there is the classic heritage bayswater. It has a less structured design. Then around 2016 , they redesigned it and called it the “new“ bayswater , structured, lighter, with the wing. It looks like they have phased out the “new” design. Online, they just have the heritage one. The bag I bought is probably the newer of the “new“ redesign. let me find a video or article for you .

thanks! But the new ones on the website now doesn't seem to have the wing? are yours still heavy?
The winged one i found in outlet . Looks like they made some for outlet . For the rose water color, inside is cream . The ones I see on old posts whne they first came out, is a dark maroon one, which makes me suspect they are making new version of that bag with a lighter color inside. for some reason, the bag seems to hold the weight of items well that it actually feels light . I never appreciated heavy bags. I have the small one and it is not heavy .

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Mulberry is the brand which made fall in love with handbags (always liked bags but had never spent so much on them before).
However jewelry has always been my thing and I am back to this now..
I sold many bags but I will keep most of my Mulbs and a part from buying a mini Alexa from the new collection, I am not planning another bag purchase before a looooong time.. Or maybe just another Bal ;)
So I can say I am still into Mulberry when it comes to bags and specifically the Alexa :smile:

i said i'd never buy a bold or graphic print but this happened in the UK lock down Winter 2021!!!!! There was a pop up outlet store online and I couldn't resist being able buy a lily for £400. Its from the a/w 2019 collection (not a made for outlet line) and is perfect for me in the cooler months in UK.

The graphic print nylon is quite bold but I wear a lot of navy and black knitwear in the winter. Have been trying to style this with summer outfits but it just hasn't worked with light blues and pinks that i wear on repeat in the warmer months - firmly a autumn winter item.

Have to say i'm delighted to finally own a Lily for casual and weekend wear - wish I could afford a more neutral classic tone one but they've gone up to £795 to start with and £895 for NVT leather which is the type I want.

I still see Mulberry fairly often in my town, young women with Darley chain clutch or satchels, women in late 30s -40s with Bayswaters or Amberley etc. More LV though as I think its more "designer-y" and well known as highly desirable. I think Mulberry is less high fashion and more classic, understated purchase.

It was my birthday so i bought things in early spring : the nylon Lily, a preworn LV pochette accessoires in Mono from 2008 in great condition and an Epi leather pochette accessoires from 2014. The LV items have seen most wear so far.

Have the new Lily owners enjoyed their bags>>>>:smile:?

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_132648979.jpg
    IMG_20210802_132648979.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi, I see there are still a few members from the 'old gang' here! We were really 'bag-crazy' in those days!
I still love, use, buy and sell my Mulberry bags, but also some other brands. I am just not that active on social media anymore. I take a look now and then, like at this moment. So 'hi' from me, hope you are all well !
Hi there fab to see you keep safe xx

Hi everyone. I was extremely active on this thread probably between 2013 and 2016. For me it was easier to post when there was an app. Life has got in the way and I’m a bit busier now. I still love my mulberry bags and my last purchase was December 2019 where I finally got my beautiful red Bayswater to complete my collection. My collection is quite huge as I have Bayswaters in double digits with a good selection of lily/medium lily bags and darias. I’ve been on maternity leave and wfh since the pandemic so I haven’t had cause to use them much. I do have one LV neverfull, a Chanel jumbo and some Michael Kors totes and once I’m back working in the office I will be using my favourite mulberry bags again. At the moment with my little boy I’m using wipeable bags like longchamp or radley cross body as I won’t be upset if things get spilled on them. I can’t see myself buying any more bags and especially not at these insane prices. However I’m pretty pleased with my collection as is.

Hi everyone. I was extremely active on this thread probably between 2013 and 2016. For me it was easier to post when there was an app. Life has got in the way and I’m a bit busier now. I still love my mulberry bags and my last purchase was December 2019 where I finally got my beautiful red Bayswater to complete my collection. My collection is quite huge as I have Bayswaters in double digits with a good selection of lily/medium lily bags and darias. I’ve been on maternity leave and wfh since the pandemic so I haven’t had cause to use them much. I do have one LV neverfull, a Chanel jumbo and some Michael Kors totes and once I’m back working in the office I will be using my favourite mulberry bags again. At the moment with my little boy I’m using wipeable bags like longchamp or radley cross body as I won’t be upset if things get spilled on them. I can’t see myself buying any more bags and especially not at these insane prices. However I’m pretty pleased with my collection as is.
Lovely to see you and congratulations xx

Reactions: Katinahat