When will I stop missing my kitty?

suretobuy

Hi ya, baby!
O.G.
Nov 26, 2007
She passed on three years ago, just about every day I still think about her. She was the first pet I've had that died, and she was SO SO Special!! :heart:I never thought I'd still be missing her years later. Do you still think about your pets that have passed on?

My cockatiel passed in 1992 (hence the name). I still have dreams about him, and think about him now and again. I also still have dreams about other pets that have gone to the happy hunting grounds. I will always love them and miss them, and I will always have pets. Every pet is a joy in our lives; non are replaceable, and there are many more out there deserving of love and happy homes.

No, you will never stop missing your cat.

Yes, I think about horses that died 15 years ago, my doxie that died 2 years ago, the one that died 5 years ago...they always have a spot in my heart, and will forever.

Every weekend that we go to the cottage, my dad goes up to the forest where all of our pets are buried and visits with his two dogs that were like his kids who died 18 and 19 years ago. The rest of the fam teases him because he does this religiously but the rest of us sneak up to visit from time to time.

I'm sorry about your kitty, but thinking about her after all this time just proves how much you loved her.

I don't think you will ever stop missing her. We get used to them being around us all the time and giving us so much love... It is terrible when they go away... We will always miss them, you simply cannot not miss them when they were a part of our lives for so long. But it is the circle of life, and you should keep the memory of her alive and be happy that you were both so lucky to have loved each other during her time on earth :heart::heart:. Be happy that you two were brought together and that you made the best of it.

I'm so sorry for your kitty : ( It's normal what you are experiencing because I do the exact same thing - I constantly think about my little kitty Simon who died of cancer 3 years ago!!! I can't imagine ever forgetting him - I still even have a little tuft of his hair and his favorite toy in a little box on my dresser!!! All we can do is remember all the love and happiness they gave us!

We had a dog called Stanley when I was born. I grew up with this dog from birth. He played with me in my playpen, went for walks with me - basically he was by my side at all times. I loved him so much. When I was 12, he died during a surgical procedure. I didn't even know what death was at that point in my life. I didn't even know he could be gone forever. I remember my parents telling me that, "Stanley died" and I was so confused. Once I realized that he would never be returning I cried and cried and cried.
I'm in my mid 30's now, I have had other pets that have passed on (and I miss them dearly) but, I still cry for Stanley when I think of him.

My mother accidentally ran over our Springer Spaniel when I was a kid (45 plus yrs ago). He was actually her dog...they loved each other. He was 12 and deaf, he didn't hear the car start and she didn't see him under the car. He ran into the woods and she ran after him, cutting up her arms and legs. He died in her arms. Till the day my mother died she NEVER got over it. I always felt so bad for her. A beloved pet can never be replaced.

I still cry over pets that have passed. You will never stop missing your kitty and that's OK. As other people have stated, I've had pets pass away YEARS ago and it's like yesterday and I get all choked up if I think or talk about them. It's fine to always grieve.

I just had a dream about my old dog the other night, and she passed away about 8 years ago. I think it was because I saw a dog that looked very similar to her over the weekend.

My grandma lives alone and her dog of ~12 years passes away last year. We put the dog's pictures on a digital photo frame for my Gram and she cries every day when she looks at the sweet face.

I think healing is a different process for everyone, but just remember what a good life your pet had and that it was their time to go to furbaby heaven.

It's so hard. I lost my baby to cancer last week and I have been having a crying episode every night since. He was diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago and I miss him soooooo much!!! I wish the pain would go away..