When trying to return my Delightful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read so many threads on LV's strict inspection when it comes to full return. Yoogis will probably give you 30-35% of the value immediately and maybe 50-55% of the value (I think speedy 30 and neverfull mm get closer to 70%) if you consign...which takes longer. Let me know how it goes. That's awesome if you get close to full price on it :biggrin:

I was in the same position as you a few weeks ago w a mono speedy. Wore it a few times around the house, asked here and I swear I got my head chewed off fr a few ladies! Lol but seriously why would I spend that kind of money and Not be happy just bc some ladies on here want me to suck it up and deal w it bc "it's not fair"? No thanks. I returned it to LV and got a diff bag, no questions asked. But I am happy I did!!!

Babylouis said:
Do you know how many people probably handled that bag just after its completion to the time it was packaged, shipped to the store, stocked and handled by the SA's, then eventually in your hands. If it is in NEW condition. Everyone will be alright. :rolleyes:

Totally agree....

Sooo everyone in here will probably hate me but I disagree! They have a return and exchange policy for a reason. If you are within your exchange time I would exchange it. It says resell condition. You have the right and try the bag and make an informed decision. If the store says no then it's a no. But why take a price cut on your end if you are within your exchange window. IMHO. Sorry if offend anyone.

LV's return policy is that they will accept UNUSED merchandise for a return or exchange. If someone uses something it is no longer returnable, therefore trying to return it is deceitful.

Unbelievable! I'd be so furious if I found out that LV sold me a bag that was used a couple of times and then returned.
Why don't people think first before they purchase a bag they don't like?
Used is used. We all want brand new bags and this hasn't got anything to do with bullying people on the forum

Unbelievable! I'd be so furious if I found out that LV sold me a bag that was used a couple of times and then returned.

That's the thing, you'd never know. And just like a previous person said earlier in this thread, as long as the next buyer inspects it and AGREES to buy it, it's sold. After all, it is in re-sellable condition.

What the OP does is ultimately up to her...but here's my $0.02:

When you walk into a store to try on shoes, it's likely someone's FEET have been in those shoes before. If you buy at places like DSW, it's even possible someone's bare feet have been in those shoes (I've seen it happen on MORE than one occasion!)

When you try on clothing, how many people have tried on those clothes before you? Probably many. I've seen plenty of "new" clothes hanging on racks with makeup smudges all over them.

When you try on sunglasses, jewelery, or scarves at the accessories counter, it's the same thing.

And it's not just new items that are tried on in stores that could be "tainted" by someone else touching them before you--stores also put returns that are in saleable condition right back on the floor.

If the idea of someone's "germs" skeeve you out, it's probably best to avoid shopping at department stores or boutiques at all. Or even online stores (they take back returns and resell them too). And definitely don't consider buying pre-loved from Yoogi's, Fashionphile, etc. because even if an item is being sold as NWT, it's been sitting in someone's closet or drawer for a while (OMG--maybe even next to their socks--HORROR!)

I'm not advocating returning visibly used items (unless there's a defect), but seriously people...if it looks new, smells new, and acts new, what's the big whoop? I just don't care if someone *touched* something before me. It's not like they're going to give me cooties or anything...:roflmfao:

Status
Not open for further replies.