When did they first notch the rivet?

Definitely through S/S 2005, the rivets are un-notched and noticeably larger, I don't know about F/W 05, and then definitely S/S onwards the rivets are notched.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Calling Bbag historians, in which season did this notched rivet first appear?

IMG_8398.jpg

*history lesson mode*

'The notched rivet first made its rather sporadic appearance in the pre-spring collection of 2005. It shared its space with the round rivet for pre-spring & spring/summer of 2005 before finally replacing the round rivet completely in the pre-fall collection of 2005.'

In short, anything from pre-s (eg indigo, sky blue, dolma etc) could have either notched or unnotched rivets. The same is true of summer (AG, Turq, BG05) but I think the notches may have been more in evidence. Anything from Bordy 05, Calcaire, Ice Blue etc would have only had the notched rivets.

PS If you pinch your nose when saying the section inside the quotation it sounds much funnier. :choochoo:<---- This is the train taking me back to the funny farm.

Brilliant responses everyone. Thank you :flowers:.

english_girl, you nailed it! :wlae: I just received my 05 indigo Work with un-notched, flat rivets. I know another lovely PFer here also just got an 05 Indigo Work and her rivets are notched. We've been scratching our heads over this:shrugs:, as we're also pretty certain that we both have 05 Indigo Works. But there you have it! The notch appeared sporadically, so it makes perfect sense.

Thanks a million:heart:.

No worries. I would like to apologise for the insanity of my 1st post tho' - can you tell I've been at work all day? :shame: But I am glad I was helpful.

PS Just went back to check I wasn't talking rubbish and found these:

05 Sky Blue Day with flat rivets

05_sky_blue_day_1.jpg

05 Indigo City with notched rivets

39_3.jpg

(released same season).

*history lesson mode*

'The notched rivet first made its rather sporadic appearance in the pre-spring collection of 2005. It shared its space with the round rivet for pre-spring & spring/summer of 2005 before finally replacing the round rivet completely in the pre-fall collection of 2005.'

In short, anything from pre-s (eg indigo, sky blue, dolma etc) could have either notched or unnotched rivets. The same is true of summer (AG, Turq, BG05) but I think the notches may have been more in evidence. Anything from Bordy 05, Calcaire, Ice Blue etc would have only had the notched rivets.

PS If you pinch your nose when saying the section inside the quotation it sounds much funnier. :choochoo:<---- This is the train taking me back to the funny farm.

I see that I'm too late!:graucho: She's exactly right:okay:

Hi, am thinking of buying a black 2005 city and have asked the seller for more pictures. Can you tell me if the back of the rivets have notches? Does the silver tag say 0162C 115748? Sorry if this is in the wrong section! I wasn't sure where to post. Thanks so much in advance.

hmwe46 I checked the thread you listed but it does not mention 2004 bags which would have the C on the silver tag. I may post pictures when I get them from the seller on the authenticate forum, thanks again.