When did Kelly's get a shoulder strap?

Side track a bit, sorry, anyone know where can a box leather strap for a Kelly be made, apart from at hermes?

It makes life a lot easier with a strap to Kelly bags...

Thanks

Side track a bit, sorry, anyone know where can a box leather strap for a Kelly be made, apart from at hermes?

Thanks

You can get something like this, at least temporarily, so you can use your Kelly as a shoulder bag. I bought something similar (but from a different seller, I don't remember who) for my olive canvas Kelly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8-in-Leather-Cross-Body-Shoulder-Purse-Messenger-Bag-Replacement-Strap-/190808352988?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&var=490136661545&hash=item2c6d1068dc

I'm not affiliated with the seller nor do I benefit in any way from mentioning them.

i was in paris fsh aug 2012 and was trying a canvas red strap with my orange kelly! i was told all the straps are for sale..no restrictions..why would they be any? all the straps were made for customers who didn't pick them up i was told.

As I said, you never know with H. The canvas straps they will always sell, but with leather at least at Madison they categorically refused to sell me one as I did not have the Kelly with me. And otherwise they were super accommodating, showed me a ton of stuff from the back...anyway, again, no rules really apply when it comes to H stores :smile:

Thanks

I have a shoulder strap custom made with a specific color leather and thread at www.mautto.com

Also chose my own hardware and length. They're quite reasonable as well and a good option if you have hard to match colors/thread/hardware.

As I said, you never know with H. The canvas straps they will always sell, but with leather at least at Madison they categorically refused to sell me one as I did not have the Kelly with me. And otherwise they were super accommodating, showed me a ton of stuff from the back...anyway, again, no rules really apply when it comes to H stores :smile:

true, agree there are no set rules when it comes to H. i only tried on the canvas strap in fsh but they had quite a few leather straps to show me too.. they were all for sale, no bag required to be shown to buy them.

You can get something like this, at least temporarily, so you can use your Kelly as a shoulder bag. I bought something similar (but from a different seller, I don't remember who) for my olive canvas Kelly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8-in-Leather-Cross-Body-Shoulder-Purse-Messenger-Bag-Replacement-Strap-/190808352988?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&var=490136661545&hash=item2c6d1068dc

I'm not affiliated with the seller nor do I benefit in any way from mentioning them.

Thanks for ur help...

I have a shoulder strap custom made with a specific color leather and thread at www.mautto.com

Also chose my own hardware and length. They're quite reasonable as well and a good option if you have hard to match colors/thread/hardware.

Thanks for link, will check it out...

Not sure if this was posted, but the recentt SO BLACK KELLYs did NOT come with shoulder strap...

The reason being is that the hardware scratches/damages easily due to hardware color being black IMO..

Sorry not the most exciting thread but I am on my phone on holiday and can't find the answer.

When did Kellys start to come with a shoulder strap? And once they were introduced did all Kelly's have them? I am looking at a 1993 Kelly 28 which I feel should have a strap but the owner is 99% sure it didn't come with one.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have a Kelly 32 from Panama Straw bought in 1987 in Brussels ( Belgium) and I did not come with a shoulder strap .