When buying LV at a boutique, many bags do you inspect before choosing?

I inspect as many as needed until I find one that I am satisfied with. But I don't ask for multiple bags to compare with, my SA just retrieves them one at a time from the stockroom for my inspection.

With my epi Alma bought years ago, I rejected even when there's just a tiny white speck on the black epi leather, it probably will come off with light scratching with a nail / wet cloth but I'm not going to try doing that in the store, so I still pointed out to the SA and rejected it. I have also recently rejected a canvas bag that had a 2cm rip in it, like it had been accidentally cut with a box cutter. So definitely inspect inside and out, top to bottom!

As many as needed. My regular boutique is a pretty small shop so they don't usually have multiples of very many pieces but if I were dissatisfied with the quality of a piece I wanted to purchase, I would say something and if my SA couldn't get me a new one or heaven forbid, had an attitude about it, I just wouldn't buy it and either order it online or go to another of the 3 boutiques in the area. Luckily, this has never happened and my SA now is great but I have had an SA treat me with "annoyance" and rudeness in the past so I refuse to purchase from or even acknowledge him when I visit the boutique. I treat people politely so I'm incredibly put off when I'm not treated the same.

How rare is a MIF speedy B25 (DE) in the stores I USA vs Canada say?

I got one and just wondering if I should keep it and how rare it is in case I return and want to buy it later on.

Last edited:
How rare is a MIF speedy B25 (DE) in the stores I USA vs Canada say?

I got one and just wondering if I should keep it and how rare it is in case I return and want to buy it later on.

MIF speedys I think are hard to find....it is a popular style and I think many people are looking for MIF....whys do you want to return and get it at a later time?

I just feel guilty because I already have so much LV and also have this style in a diff print. Want to make sure the canvases will not be dated in 5 yrs time for the $ spent. I wasn't sure if LV is moving more to more leather bags and away from the monograms.

Last edited:
I typically only ask for 1 beside the one they show me. I tend to pick at each one and then can't make up my mine which one is "best" for me. It sometimes feels right than look of a slight flaw.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be buying my first LV in Hawaii. It will be my first time ever setting foot in a LV store! I have done tons of research and I'm 99.9% sure that I will be getting the Speedy B 25 DE. I hope this isn't a crazy question, but how many bags would you/did you ask to inspect before choosing "the one"? I just want my first bag to be perfect and I'm aware of the various qc issues that these bags can have. Do the SAs (generally) get annoyed if you ask to compare a few?

Just wanted to post an update on my experience. I returned from Hawaii a week ago with my Speedy B 25 DE. I asked to look at the 25 and 30 and I didn't even have a choice on how many to inspect because the SA said they only had one of each in stock. Luckily, I ended up choosing the 25 size because I didn't see any flaws and as a bonus, it was MIF. The 30 was made in the USA which I would have been fine with but it had a huge gap in the zipper where you could see the red lining. Just wanted to share that I couldn't have inspected more than 1 even if I wanted to! I left the store very happy anyway :smile: