When "brand new" isn't new...

lv_forever

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
I've been eyeing on a bag on ebay for the last couple days, and the seller has two bags listed.
The first one is correctly listed as used. This is the bag I want.
The second one, however, says it is "brand new" and is only shy of $100 off the retail price, not counting s&h. Anyway, the bag is missing the strap which usually comes with it. How can she say it is "brand new" when it doesn't have the strap? Says she lost it. If I wasn't so familiar with the bag and had asked her, she would not have told me.
I am a bit suspicious as to her trustworthiness.

I am interested in getting the first bag, but after what I've seen...I don't know if I would go for the first one either.

Any thoughts?

You should write to her if all the items that come with the first bag will be sent. As for the second, it's the onus of the buyer to check with seller before buying anyway. I'm not saying she is cheating, but she is entitled to sell whatever parts of the bag she wants.

I guess I might just wait.
I don't really buy a lot of stuff on ebay, certainly not expensive bags, so what may seem apparent to seasoned ebayers is not too obvious to me. Also, the reason I was a bit miffed by the whole listing was because like I said, if the buyer isn't super familiar with the style, it's hard to know what to ask for. To me, "brand new" implies that everything comes with it, not just some parts. I don't disagree that the seller is entitled to sell any part she/he wants, but that should be apparent in the listing, IMO.

Agree with other, if you feel that you can't trust the seller, pass her item. You'l find another on eBay :yes:

I think item may a brand new but since she never used it and put the strap separately, she may lost the strap.