Travel When are you likely to travel?

We are going to the US in April after it has been postponed countless of time since our original plan in 2020.. So we are so excited .. Finally ! :yahoo: All of us had 3 times vaccination and Covid Omicron) so nothing will hold us back now:lol: Unless new variant coming up … ( knock on the wood)

Just booked my first international trip since pre-COVID and it will be first trip to the US and NYC! Any tips on which neighborhoods are best to stay in NYC will be appreciated!

In the past 2 years I travelled mostly inside Italy, but I did managed to go to Turkey in August and then Paris twice, this September and later around Christmas holidays. I actually will be coming back in Paris in a few weeks again, Paris is my favorite city to visit after Venice. Also did a detour to Bruxelles for a couple of days during one of the Paris trips, loved it! I’m ok with traveling now, was sick and now triple vaccinated, always wore masks, took tests and necessary precautions during travel.

Amazing! I haven’t travelled at all since covid started. However, I used to frequent to NY from London pre covid. Here are some favourites:
As @880 also mentioned, Sushi Seki.
Carbone, Cipriani Downtown, I loved Wolfgang Pucks restaurant at the Four Seasons Downtown, Nello, Le Bilboquet, Polo Bar Ralph Lauren, without a doubt I’d go to baccarat hotel for a drink I love the bar there. Area wise I like: Soho, Central Park South and the MP district (walk along the high line) oh if you want a nice NY pizza go to Johns Bleeker Street!
enjoy your time in NY!

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: 880 and coffee2go
I thought the Bulgari hotel paris had the best hotel breakfast

View attachment 5332576View attachment 5332577

until we stayed at the renovated Connaught in London. Best baguette and pastry; made fresh daily by professional French baker. also, the bar distills its own gin for a signature, delicious and very pricy martini

View attachment 5332578View attachment 5332579View attachment 5332581View attachment 5332582

my pictures do not do the food Justice
Oh my goodness! Your holiday food looks incredible. I’d love that breakfast (although my waistline wouldn’t!).

• Haha
Reactions: 880
Connaught scones and clotted cream, baguette and choc croissants; Heston blumenthal tipsy cake with wedges of slow roasted pineapple ; grilled lobster at Scotts and also bake well pudding and Paris Brest with pistachio ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
BA7B869B-1DE1-4B2A-9F4C-5C7F5CC80874.jpegF6C38AF9-9572-42AE-A45D-15106DA8CA44.jpeg3EDFD957-3657-4C9F-8E8D-E3B55C54BA87.jpeg4FF1089E-76EF-45C1-9DCA-85D13F2AB127.jpegBD734E04-D681-43DE-93D9-5B9A66AC2EEF.jpeg

@Katinahat, I’m going back on the diet as soon as I get home lol :biggrin:

@shermes , great minds think alike lol. I’m very fond of le bilbouquets Cajun chicken paillard with frites and the connected cafe croissants

Connaught scones and clotted cream, baguette and choc croissants; Heston blumenthal tipsy cake with wedges of slow roasted pineapple ; grilled lobster at Scotts and also bake well pudding and Paris Brest with pistachio ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
View attachment 5333878View attachment 5333879View attachment 5333882View attachment 5333880View attachment 5333881

@Katinahat, I’m going back on the diet as soon as I get home lol :biggrin:

@shermes , great minds think alike lol. I’m very fond of le bilbouquets Cajun chicken paillard with frites and the connected cafe croissants
This all looks delicious. Scones with clotted cream are my absolute weakness!! You are making me green with envy.

Just to prove a point:

This was taken in Devon last year. UK home of cream teas.
6FEE3665-CCDE-48FB-B835-4864AA30E0FD.jpeg

And this was an afternoon tea closer to home - again last year. F992F3D1-7A9B-4768-B096-D207A432815D.jpeg
Forgive the Irn-bru in the background. Belonged to one of the DDs. :lol:

Not quite on your standard but very yummy nevertheless.

This all looks delicious. Scones with clotted cream are my absolute weakness!! You are making me green with envy.

Just to prove a point:

This was taken in Devon last year. UK home of cream teas.
View attachment 5333887

And this was an afternoon tea closer to home - again last year. View attachment 5333890
Forgive the Irn-bru in the background. Belonged to one of the DDs. :lol:

Not quite on your standard but very yummy nevertheless.
It looks amazing as per anyones standard lol ! I love cream Tea
hugs

• Thanks
Reactions: Katinahat
My favorite part of Dubai, UAE was the desert outside Al Maha, SUV in the third pic for scale

View attachment 5323372View attachment 5323373 View attachment 5323390 View attachment 5323375View attachment 5323376View attachment 5323377View attachment 5323400

The most TPF Dubai experience (as a tourist, for me at least) was Nammos Dior
View attachment 5323355View attachment 5323357View attachment 5323358View attachment 5323359
(cross posted in the diorRTW thread)
I want to be you in my next life.

• Thanks
Yesterday after the announcement that there will no mandatory test to fly home to Canada for vaccinated travelers, I booked a week off and a flight outta here. I am so excited, it's been 2 years since I had time off.

Reactions: Winiebean
@haute okole, thank you! the feeling is mutual! Hugs

I read that they are going to lift the PCR requirement, but you'll still need to take an Antigen test and have it verified to fly back into Canada.. just like you have to to travel to the U.S right now. Which is still bull, considering how inaccurate any of those can be.

So happy for you @TC1 :smile:

Am in whistler, outside Vancouver currently. we flew in two days ago from the US. When we left, you neededa PCR within 72 hours or rapid test within 24 to enter Canada. the four seasons whistler, no masks are required. We haven’t eaten much outside, but we were told to bring proof of vaccination and id just in case. Got a hot chocolate in a Starbucks outside the gondolas and no one was masked. We were told to book a PCR day before to get back into the US. Of course masks in the airport and on the plane, but in the airport lounges, it’s not really enforced if you are eating or drinking

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: haute okole and TC1
I'm hoping to travel to the UK in September/October finally (postponed my trip in 2020 due to Covid) but now with the invasion of the Ukraine I'm waiting to see how it plays out :sad:
My backup is South Korea- I've always wanted to go!

@jen_sparro , @Cherry90, I’m so sorry you had to cancel your trips. I hope you can rebook this year.

Whistler, outside of Vancouver, no masks, but restaurants still require proof of vaccination and ID. I have half day ski lessons, doctor recommended breakfast, lunch, and sometimes treat myself at dinner. Halibut, lemon tart, and vanilla beignets from Araxi restaurant; steelhead trout from Side Cut; and bar snacks from the casual bar. Yesterday, met with a wonderful TPFer, and it was nice to make a new friend. :biggrin:
pics crossposted from daily check in thread
60C5690D-E17B-48C4-98CA-F0D98EBF7A7E.jpeg62695103-1358-47EB-A056-DDACCD77D4C4.jpegA51EC86B-5949-419B-819F-D80071410E8E.jpeg35615466-F6DD-4094-AE51-B7E03F01DC7C.jpeg