What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I can’t get behind the LVXUF print, not sure if people like this? I think the print makes the bag look tacky but then again people say the classic mono which I’ve grown to love is tacky and distasteful.... :P

I’m also just as confused about the ARTYCAPUCINES that comes with an egg or fruit or vegetable ornament, some weird inspiration there???
You don't like the banana BB? There are six different food ornaments to choose from! I agree that it is a pretty odd one:

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.27.48 pm.png

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I do not find backpacks elegant at all! Reminds me of hiking or traveling in general, but the size...not practical at all.
Oh I totally agree. I was so anti- backpack based on look
Then I got one, for practical beach days with the weans. Well its so comfortable- I didn’t know that my other bags were uncomfortable.
It’s a slippery slope lol
I still agree with you.

Oh I totally agree. I was so anti- backpack based on look
Then I got one, for practical beach days with the weans. Well its so comfortable- I didn’t know that my other bags were uncomfortable.
It’s a slippery slope lol
I still agree with you.

I had two Coach backpacks I used a long time ago, they are all leather. I pulled one out of the closet a couple of years ago and I got so many compliments on that little backpack - I was just using it for the convenience factor - So they are now in rotation along with a small Vince Camuto one I bought at Saks that is flatter in styling. The Camuto one has a couple more inner pockets for organization so I use it a lot for travel instead of a showy LV bag to avoid being a target.

Unpopular opinion (that’s probably been mentioned a ton LOL) - I’m not a fan of people wearing SLGs as purses. Wearing the mini PA or toiletry bag with a crossbody strap looks odd to me. I’m all about versatility but it’s not the look for me...
View attachment 4961271
This!

Most pochettes look like half a bag to me!

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the Neverful, Pochette Metis, Multi-Pochettes or Bumbags. I know they are popular but I just do not see the appeal to them. I also think that the epi leather is so underrated. I have fallen in love with the epi leather after buying a vintage LV cannes bag. I always see mono and damiere prints highlighted. But the epi is so surprisingly beautiful and satisfying to carry! But my monos are great too!! So epi on the days I do not want to be in your face with mono and mono when I just do not care about other's opinions of my luxury purchases, I just want to be happy that day and not worry about a thing, not even my luxury handbag choices :heart:

I so agree to points 2, 3 and 5 and add some more:
6. Key pouch is not a bag charm.
7. Again concerning bag charms: Those fluffy, colorful pompoms don't make any bag look good.
8. Bandeaus wrinkled around handles - not my kind.
9. I will never understand that constant buy-resell-mentality.
10. This point goes hand in hand with the one above. Why can't some people just enjoy their new bag? Instead they inspect it with eagle eyes just to find details of imperfection that are minimal or actually do not really exist so they have an excuse for returning the product (which they actually don't really fancy as well).
11. I also don't get why people buy SLGs and bags only because they are limited items (e.g. Christmas animation) and not because they really like them.
agreed

Mine has to be the Neverfull I haven't ever owned one and don't want to either. Mainly because of the flimsy straps they look like they are not going to be able to support the weight in the bag as they should and I have read so many bad reviews regarding this.
The look of the bag for me isn't that good def an oversized beach bag.

The mono is my fav it's pretty, hard-wearing and robust better than any designer leather I have owned and a genuis idea imo.
L.V is my fav brand after owing most of the other designers I've come to the conclusion that L.V's canvas can't be beaten imo. Even the vintage pieces can last a lifetime.

Blind post.

- The obsession with MIF. I think it’s nice to have, but I do kinda scratch my head at asking an SA/CA to go through stock to find a MIF piece for a hot item.
- Epi looks like something Elizabeth Arden would make pouches out of (someone said this on another forum and I can’t un-see it.)
- The contrast trim choices - black with pink epi, marine rouge, the galet Alma BB with the trim/piping is distracting on LVs and has been done much better by other brands (ie Celine)
-The Speedy B destroys the look of the Speedy with the straps down the sides. The bag is meant to be handhold/top handle.