What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
3. I don't know why people need multiple LV card cases or wallets. I understand that no one "needs" LV at all, but I suppose I don't see how anyone could actually ever need more than one card case at a time.

Oh I so have to reply :biggrin: So I have 3. I actually fly and travel internationally for work back and forth to the USA. I use the Zippy wallet for my time at work as it can fit my USA cards and cash on one side and foreign currency and needs on the other. The middle is my passport and two other cards I need for getting through TSA quickly. Then when I take subways, shuttles or sometimes run out in places that I am unsure of, I don't want to flash a huge zippy wallet with my whole life in it. So the Multicartes has some cash and subway type cards in it. I can hold it in the palm of my hand and if I am robbed I am not going to lose my entire wallet. Then when I am home I don't need to carry my passport and foreign currency so I just use a tiny card case to carry a few cards and American cash. The zippy wallet is way too much to carry in my daily life at home.

I think LV is ridiculous of destroying away excess stock that couldn’t sale full price so they could avoid putting on discount. Instead of getting tax rebate of destroying unsold excess stocks, put them on sale.

Sales would change the game. Many of us wouldn’t want to buy anything at full price anymore.

While personally I hate the idea of bags being destroyed - such a needless waste of resources - I can understand why LV does it, they want to protect the brand and luxury feel. What I don’t really understand though is why they don’t go to outlet - I mean I get it, but also plenty of high end brands (Dior, Gucci, Prada) have created a strategy where they have stores and outlet stores both, and having the latter doesn’t damage their ability to sell at the former. Personally I’ve shopped at both the main store and outlet, and I’ve never waited for something to go to outlet because it’s a crapshoot (what will and what won’t make it). LV could definitely do something like that, while not allowing certain lines (anything limited edition, for example) to be sold at outlet.

Agree! The other day one lady was like I bought this because I saw how much people like this item over here. I was like WOW. I had to comment. They welcomed me to leave the thread lol. But I ignored their replies. Just gave them my opinion you take it or you don’t/don’t post.
I've just read those posts and I have to agree to you 100%. Never seen such disagreeable people in this forum, they better leave it as they just seem to oppose other opinions. :annoyed:
I also can't stand this kind of "I grab something quickly just because it's popular and hard to find"-mindset. When I bought my Pochette Accessoires NM six years ago there were like hundreds of it in every store you could pass spontaneously and now it's the new black... same thing with the key pouch, toiletry pouch, Pochette Metis etc.

Last edited:
I've just read those posts and I have to agree to you 100%. Never seen such disagreeable people in this forum, they better leave it as they just seem to oppose other opinions. :annoyed:
I also can't stand this kind of "I grab something quickly just because it's popular and hard to find"-mindset. When I bought my Pochette Accessoires NM six years ago there were like hundreds of it in every store you could pass spontaneously and now it's the new black... same thing with the key pouch, toiletry pouch, Pochette Metis etc.

Thank you! Totally agree! And also the PA since everyone wants it to make a crossbody I wouldn’t want to use it as crossbody, it will look the same as the Neverfulls and favorites: everyone has them. Which is ok and I have Neverfulls and favorite but I am at the point that I want to use a purse that’s understated and not everyone is carrying. (A purse that I also have to like not a purse or item that most people seem to want and it’s HTF.)

Reactions: NeLVoe
While personally I hate the idea of bags being destroyed - such a needless waste of resources - I can understand why LV does it, they want to protect the brand and luxury feel. What I don’t really understand though is why they don’t go to outlet - I mean I get it, but also plenty of high end brands (Dior, Gucci, Prada) have created a strategy where they have stores and outlet stores both, and having the latter doesn’t damage their ability to sell at the former. Personally I’ve shopped at both the main store and outlet, and I’ve never waited for something to go to outlet because it’s a crapshoot (what will and what won’t make it). LV could definitely do something like that, while not allowing certain lines (anything limited edition, for example) to be sold at outlet.
I purchased from a Chanel outlet years ago. At the time I really wasnt into this brand too much. This was over 10 years ago the outlet have since closed.

Sorry if my post came off wrong about not liking that phrase - I understand the sentiment behind the saying, I just don't like the phrasing because it's corny when everyone starts saying it. It's fine if one person says it and it's "their saying", but everyone says it all over this forum and it just became super cringy for me. Of course if you are spending thousands on anything, it should be something that brings a lot of joy. No one is disputing that here.
Instead of 'makes my heart sing' they should be saying 'makes my wallet cry' hahaha

Just a fun discussion thread (not meant to offend anyone!) idea that came into my head today.

A very close friend and I had a long discussion on LV today, and we found that we both hold two (fairly strong and opposing) opinions that are mostly not shared by others.

For her, she really dislikes the monogram canvas because she thinks it’s too showy (I don’t agree :biggrin:, since almost all my LV is mono) and in your face. Her personal preference is Damier Azur, since she is also quite fair and it looks nice against her skin.

I don’t feel strongly about the material (canvas/leather, which print etc) but I really don’t like the Neverfull, I know it’s an iconic bag but I hate the fact that it doesn’t have a zip and also that it has become so ubiquitous (I guess I just like being a “special snowflake” type who has stuff that is different from the rest). She actually has a DA NF, so she disagrees with me :biggrin:

So after our spirited (but all in good fun) discussion I thought I’d open it up to the community - also it will be interesting to see if the “unpopularity” of our opinions is really true or if we will find many people to agree with us :biggrin:
I cannot STAND the graffitti look/flowers/etc painted on some of the bags. I honestly think it just looks so cheap. Not a fan of the Neverfull either.

Thank you! Totally agree! And also the PA since everyone wants it to make a crossbody I wouldn’t want to use it as crossbody, it will look the same as the Neverfulls and favorites: everyone has them. Which is ok and I have Neverfulls and favorite but I am at the point that I want to use a purse that’s understated and not everyone is carrying. (A purse that I also have to like not a purse or item that most people seem to want and it’s HTF.)
To put it in a nutshell, I buy the bags that appeal to me, nevermind if it is a popular bag or not. The bags that I wish to carry for a lifetime and never think about selling them one day. :smile: