What's your true day-to-night bag?

pauii

O.G.
Sep 9, 2012
Do you have a true day to night black leather bag? One that works with casual shirt and jeans/shorts, as well as with fancy date night dresses?

I currently have a Gucci marmont camera bag in black, and a YSL mini Lou camera bag in black. Sadly, I've come to realize that as much as I love the looks of these bags, they hardly fit my lifestyle.

Now, I'm thinking of selling both the Gucci marmont and YSL mini Lou, and replace it with just one black leather bag.

I'm looking for:
- black leather
- can be worn both as a shoulder bag and crossbody
- spacious enough for a phone, small catch-all pouch, car keys, mid-size wallet
- a back slip pocket that can fit a phone would be a plus :smile:

I'm considering:
1. Fendi baguette medium in Nappa leather - it's very casual, but thinking of getting a generic gold chain for night use :smile:
2. Aspinal Lottie - I've heard very good things about the brand. I'm still thinking between the quilted kaviar vs pebbled leather
3. YSL Niki baby in lambskin - or is it too dressy?

I'm open to other options.
NOT considering a Chanel, as this is beyond my budget

Background: I also have an 1. LV speedy b 25 in DE which I loooove because it can be worn multiple ways and very carefree, and a 2. Loewe puzzle small in tan, that I honestly also wanna resell and replace with a Polene bag or a Coach tabby, but can't because it's a gift from hubby

So do you mean Lou/Marmont too dressy or not dressy enough? Too small/big? Too much logo? Too fashionable? What do you mean they don't work for your lifestyle? Can't you just use your Puzzle (if you're gonna keep anyway) and have fewer bags?

Your choices seem to be both specific, but then vague about why you like them or why you may not.

Actually, a black Lou or Marmont would work for me, and seem a pretty safe bet for most people. I think Lou is probably one f the best day/evening bags out there bar a few Chanel styles. Maybe look at vintage Chanels.

I personally have other camera/flap bags and save for the logo they are very similar (Gucci, Chanel, Pickett of London etc) and the reason I didn't buy a Lou (or a Marmont) was because I already have a few choices.

I don't think Aspinal are in the same league as the others but you seem to want to move into contemporary, so maybe it's the best choice.

So do you mean Lou/Marmont too dressy or not dressy enough? Too small/big? Too much logo? Too fashionable? What do you mean they don't work for your lifestyle? Can't you just use your Puzzle (if you're gonna keep anyway) and have fewer bags?

Your choices seem to be both specific, but then vague about why you like them or why you may not.

Actually, a black Lou or Marmont would work for me, and seem a pretty safe bet for most people. I think Lou is probably one f the best day/evening bags out there bar a few Chanel styles. Maybe look at vintage Chanels.

I personally have other camera/flap bags and save for the logo they are very similar (Gucci, Chanel, Pickett of London etc) and the reason I didn't buy a Lou (or a Marmont) was because I already have a few choices.

I don't think Aspinal are in the same league as the others but you seem to want to move into contemporary, so maybe it's the best choice.
Hi!
I find them too small. And I want something that I can wear both as a long crossbody, and an elbow-level shoulder bag.
I realized that this is one of the features that I love about my speedy b. I can wear it crossbody, but I can also remove one part of the strap to make it much shorter.

I actually did also think of getting the Gucci Marmont flap in size small. I think it can also work. :smile:

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
I love my Fendi mini Peekaboo for day to night. It’s spacious and easy to wear crossbody without looking bulky, then I can remove the strap at night and wear handheld. I have the grained leather, so it’s not an ultra lightweight bag. It doesn’t bother me and I’m able to wear it all day, but I could see how it may be too heavy for others who are sensitive to weight.

You can also get a great deal on a preloved Peekaboo, if you’re interested in that route to save some $