What's your “dream wedding” idea?

If it were me, no wedding at all. My wedding was for my family and in-laws. (And I am glad that they were happy and enjoyed themselves at the wedding). It's a ceremony that I don't really care too much about because, imo, it's just a public announcement that I'm married. (But I'm sure it's a great way for many of us to dress up and have fun! :biggrin: ) My husband wasn't that big on a wedding either, he just went along with it because it was customary to have one. I really had no preference on any colors, styles, or decoration. No theme because, again, no preference. I'm not really into bachelorette parties, bridal showers, or bridesmaids so I didn't have any of those (I'm sure my girlfriends were happy about that lol). I'd rather have used the money for more practical things.
Long story short, I'm boring lol. :lol:

I don't care, but a really HUGE cake is a must.
1656018347333.png

besides that and if I could repeat my wedding (let me think about that idea, it sounds great), it would be a mountain-wedding.

My dream was to get married on a cruise ship. All you need in one spot. And you’re already on vacation afterwards.

I had to do the traditional wedding which I did not enjoy planning at all. It was all for the family and our parents. And my husband wanted it. I wanted the cruise ship :lol:

If it were me, no wedding at all. My wedding was for my family and in-laws. (And I am glad that they were happy and enjoyed themselves at the wedding). It's a ceremony that I don't really care too much about because, imo, it's just a public announcement that I'm married. (But I'm sure it's a great way for many of us to dress up and have fun! :biggrin: ) My husband wasn't that big on a wedding either, he just went along with it because it was customary to have one. I really had no preference on any colors, styles, or decoration. No theme because, again, no preference. I'm not really into bachelorette parties, bridal showers, or bridesmaids so I didn't have any of those (I'm sure my girlfriends were happy about that lol). I'd rather have used the money for more practical things.
Long story short, I'm boring lol. :lol:
I’m more like you, my sibling was same way. They had a ceremony with just immediate family and few friends, very small, and then a huge banquet with everyone after… and came out ahead. Was able to buy a SFH in sf on modest income because they spent almost zero on the ceremony (civic hall) and then $$$ dinner/dj for a few hundred people.

when it’s my turn, unless he wants, I’d like a private ceremony as well and then just a huge party.

Reactions: lill_canele
^ I'll see you and I'll raise you. I actually don't expect I'll ever get married because I like living alone too much. There are a lot of reasons other than a wedding to buy a new dress or host a dinner party. :happydance:

^ Whoa. Are you responding to me? I don't think you understand "see you and raise you." It's not at all competitive, it's taking a position further along the spectrum. No win or lose involved. Calm the f*** down.

I distinctly remember being a little kid wanting a magical wedding at Disneyland with 100 horses and Santa Claus making a special delivery just for me
When I was in college I thought I wouldn't have a wedding at all, because of the expense
Now that I am earning a good income I'm starting to browse wedding dresses and cakes just for fun (or so I tell myself)
If you asked me a few years from now I would probably be back to wanting the Disneyland wedding with 100 horses and Santa

Reactions: A bottle of Red