What’s with the classic flap side crease?!

kosin30

O.G.
May 2, 2006
I just got a 21K light purple classic flap with really folded sides…is this just a bad batch? I have other classic flaps that aren’t like this. My SA looked for another in same color and found same thing.

D03D9FDA-3557-49C2-A67C-DBCEB5E104B9.jpeg

895CAE6B-A4AB-411A-A8C3-846362156705.jpeg

The 21c small rose clairs were also made that way! It isn’t a defect since they decided to make them that way this batch. Doesn’t bother me personally but I would understand why it’d bother some people

Reactions: fashionelite
My 21 bubblegum pink (S or C? Can’t remember…) is the same. It’s a season thing.

So it’s a deliberate seasonal thing they do? Wondering if I should wait for more to come in but if it’s deliberate for this color and season, then it is what it is. So strange that they would pick one color a season to do this to. My SA found 4 and they were all the same! I wish they wouldn’t mess with it. I mean, if I tried to resell this one day, people would question it.

So it’s a deliberate seasonal thing they do? Wondering if I should wait for more to come in but if it’s deliberate for this color and season, then it is what it is. So strange that they would pick one color a season to do this to. My SA found 4 and they were all the same! I wish they wouldn’t mess with it. I mean, if I tried to resell this one day, people would question it.
I’m pretty sure they’ll all come in with the same crease. I don’t think you’ll have an issue going forward!

Ya, my understanding is that all of the bags in a particular season/colour will either have it or not (i.e. there won’t be any in this season you are looking at without the crease). I don’t think it’s an issue for resale as it’s a known feature for some seasons - in fact, I would argue it makes it easier to sell because it makes it more obviously authentic (I don’t think replica companies would know which seasons have the crease). I definitely would not let it deter you from buying a colour you love!

Reactions: kosin30
Ya, my understanding is that all of the bags in a particular season/colour will either have it or not (i.e. there won’t be any in this season you are looking at without the crease). I don’t think it’s an issue for resale as it’s a known feature for some seasons - in fact, I would argue it makes it easier to sell because it makes it more obviously authentic (I don’t think replica companies would know which seasons have the crease). I definitely would not let it deter you from buying a colour you love!
Thank you! That’s super helpful! TPF to the rescue! I mean, I’m a collector and I’ve only encountered this once before on a 20C violet lamb CF. I thought it was a fluke. Really interesting what they are doing. I think we are all conditioned to think the side should gracefully curve in so it’s hard to mentally adjust! Lol!

Reactions: raradarling