What's the attraction to Speedy's?

divabeadz

Nov 1, 2006
What attracts you to the Speedy? It seems like so many people opt for a one, or even collect them and I realize they are a classic LV shape, but I have a hard time visualizing using one. I'm sure some of you have some different reasons why you like Speedys, perhaps it is the size or shape. Some styles you rarely see or rarely even hear anyone mention, but the Speedy seems to be the go-to bag for so many people. Do tell...what makes you love your Speedy? Inquiring minds want to know! :shrugs:

I don't own one...yet. That is the bag I want though. The size (25) is perfect for me and it's just such a classic. I love hand held bags - not a big long strap kind of girl.

I never was a fan of speedies until I got the azur speedy. I guess it's something about the size and shape. You can fit quite a lot of stuff in it. I never was a fan of handheld bags either but I love the speedy. I think I'd get more too!

I love my speedy 30 but, I like shoulder bags the best!!!! LOVE LOVE all the LV shoulder bags..I own the LH..but, admire the PH, BH and sooo many others....

Ok, I really did not like the speedy for the longest time. Then I tried one on in the boutique and now I own 3 in the span of a month. It's an extremely lightweight bag, you can throw so much in it or just a little, it goes with everything (except evening gowns!), I love the the way it sags, love the lock and key, love the simplicity of the construction, it's just the perfect everyday bag!

i just go my first speedy and i LOVE it...its like the perfect size bag...i got the 25. it holds what i need it to hold and theres still room...and i can wear it with jeans and a tshirt or a nice outfit too!!!

I started with the mini sac lol and graduated to a Damier 25 then on to a Mono 30. I just had to have one of every size lol ! Don't know what's next!

What's funny is that I used to hate Speedies. My mom gave me a Mono Speedy when I was a freshman in high school. I thought it was ugly and looked old ladyish. I used it, but I totally abused it and never took care it it. I gave it away and didn't think twice about it for a loooong time. Then, I found tPF and the LV forum. The pics of PFers and their Speedies made me change my mind---they looked awesome with them! I finally tried them on again in person and I loooove the Speedy! it looked great on me and was really comfy to wear on the crook of my arm. It's roomy w/o being cumbersome and I think it will always look classy.

I have a Speedy 25. The best thing about it is that it really holds a lot more than you might think. And it is definitely classic, can be dressed up and down, and it's a style that won't be discontinued. So it's timeless too!

I just got my first speedy (cerises) and I love it! I didn't understand why so many people liked the speedy but you can fit a lot things inside and it is really light to carry. I am a speedy convert!

I never liked the Speedy... and then it started to grow on me. I actually have bought and sold two of the monogram Speedy 30 (new, then with patina) and got rid of both. Just bought my THIRD -- and will keep it!

Also have a Cerises Speedy but I'll never carry it... I just love looking at it!

I also agree with what everyone said, it's classy and timeless, it's light as a feather, soft and pliable and I love the feel of the handles (so comfy) and it fits in the crook of your arm too, so if you're shopping you have free hands. I have the 25 and it's unbelievable how much it holds.....when you first see it, it looks soooo small, but don't let that fool you!!! I just love it and so will you!! :yes: :tender:

The first LV I ever saw (in 1987!) was a Speedy and that's what made me fall in love with LV in the first place, but for some reason, when I look at all the options available, the Speedy is never high on my list. It's good to know so much fits in it. I think I had in my head that the opening didn't leave enough room to get things in and out (as compared to something like an Alma). I don't think I'll get a mono canvas Speedy at all, but would definitely consider an Azur speedy for spring.