Whats all the rage??

WithLove

Aug 20, 2010
So, I have been on a hunt for the perfect bag for everyday. I had originally wanted the LV Neverfull but, I can't stand seeing everybody and their mom with it!! I live in Orange County CA and LV is not the luxury brand it use to be in the sense of exclusiveness EVERYBODY has one. I personally am a huge Hilary Duff fan I love her style. I did some research on her favorite bags which led me to Goyard and I feel I am falling hard for the brand. The St. Louis GM just calls my name. Knowing I may have found the perfect bag that hardly anyone will have or even knows exists is so exciting!

But, since I know hardly anything of the brand myself and haven't seen them in person yet...I'm curious on everyones experience with the bags. Hows the durability? What materials are they made of? Any complaints with them? Compared to LV how do the bags hold up over time? I just want to know more about them since its so hard to find anything about them!!

Thanks so much!!

I have my St. Louis for 2 years now. So far, so good. It's very light so I tend to dump all my stuff in it. It's my bag for rainy days, although I've read somewhere that the paint on her bag rubbed off. You can see some cracks on the handles edge, but I think this is just part of wear and tear. Plus, I love the discreetness of the brand. Not screaming monograms. Lol.

While the goyard bags are coated canvas and similar to LV there are some subtle differences.

I had an LV damier ebene neverful MM that I liked to use for winter, but I sold it and was looking for a replacement. Personally, with the all the new LV totes around like the totally, neverful, etc. I just wanted something different. So I recently acquired a St Louis PM.

At first I thought the Goyard material was too thin and almost "cheap" feeling. It definitely doesn't have has much "heft" to it like an LV does. In fact, you can fold a St Louis bag completely flat. I was afraid that the tote wouldn't hold its shape and would look crinkled.

But I have to say that this PM has exceeded all of my expectations.

The BEST feature is that it is extremely light. Even though it is about the same size as the MM it is so much lighter. Keep in mind there are no interior pockets or even a D-ring. But I continue to be amazed at how much I can fit inside and how easy it is to carry.

I recently ordered a chameleon insert. I got the large size and probably the extra large would be a better fit. but this one works too. I will snap a few pictures later. I do like to have my things somewhat organized and the chameleon helps.

The only drawback I have is with the strap length. I wish it were just a tiny bit longer. The bag fits comfortably over my shoulder, even with a light jacket. But I think I'm going to have a harder time with a winter jacket.