What would you do?

omgsweet

Apr 2, 2007
I sold one of my Chanel flaps on ebay. I thought I let it go for a very reasonable price. I think $2000 for a purple flap is a steal. I forgot to list the dimensions of the bag in the listing, but when someone sent me a question about it, I answered it and let it post to the listing page for everyone to see. Well, now the buyer wants a refund because the bag is too small for her. Shes asking for a refund even though I wrote in the listing "No refunds".

She sent me this message.

"HI, I LOVE THIS BAG. BUT THE BAG TO SMALL FOR ME. CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE THE BAG BACK AND JUST GIVE ME $1800.00US.(I'M OK TO LOSE $200.00US) THIS IS MY MISTAKE TO FORGET TO ASK YOU THE SIZE BEFORE BIDING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPOND."

She sounds really nice, but I really dont want it back. I have already spent most of the money anyways. Am I mean to not take it back? I havent responded to her yet.

First of all, I would be concerned that she returns a legit bag back to you and not a replica.

Secondly, you had it posted on the ad (presumably) before she won the auction the dimensions, so she should have read that.

Thirdly, you stated no returns.

SO, why doesn't she try to sell it on ebay herself?????

Don't feel bad, save yourself time, energy and grief.

I don't know, who is willing to just give away $200???? She may be trying to do a bait and switch. You said no returns, thats her mistake!

I don't know, who is willing to just give away $200???? She may be trying to do a bait and switch. You said no returns, thats her mistake!
I agree that just sounds shady. I would tell her that you don't offer any returns and that she is always welcome to sell the bag on E-Bay.

Agree with Ali W :yes: $200 isn't small amount of money and who's in the world would gladly to let $200 "go: without any effort to keep it or negotiate with seller to understand the situation :yucky: I

I strongly feel this is a scamming buyer! Posibble to switch your bag with her fake. Please refuse refund!

^^^agree with the above I would not refund either- maybe offer to let her use your photos so she can resell it on ebay. I've done that in the past when clothing I sold didn't fit and the person wanted to return.

It does sound a little shady and I personally would not accept a return. I would quote the text from the listing that states "no returns" and stick to it. Suggest that she sell it on Ebay and perhaps make a profit.

I agree with everyone else. You stated that you do not take refunds, you covered yourself there. She did not ask about the dimensions....if I was going to spend $2K on a handbag, I am going to make certain that I do my research! And yeah, who is going to just offer $200 for nothing? That is enough money to by groceries for my family of 5, not chump change. It sounds to me like she is trying to scam you, don't let her. Save your email from her where she came out and said (in so many words) that this is buyers remorse, not seller error. Good luck to you.

Idk maybe it's just me but she seems to be trying to be nice because she really doesn't want the bag and really wants you to return it and I think she's hoping if you took it back and kept 200 (for fees, S&H and just plain inconvience) that you'll do it. If you decide to be careful of bait and switch but, I don't think she should be marked shady just because she might be trying to do a nice thing. Maybe it's just me but I like to believe everyone is good until they prove themselves mean. JMO though...

I bought a bag on ebay not all that long ago that turned out to be too big for my liking. Never would I have thought to ask the seller to take it back. I simply listed it myself.

^^I know, I recently bought a pair of shoes I'd been looking for and wasn't sure if I needed the full or half size. I bought the size I thought would fit and figured if it didn't, I'd just list them myself.