What Would You Do With $150,000?

dangergirl

Searching For the HG
Mar 26, 2008
Well, it has been a LONG time since I last posted. I've been too busy with marriage, baby, home, and life as it is. Now, I wondered what would you do Ladies and Gents if you had a $150,000 shopping spree opportunity?

I am very serious. Also, please keep it related to this board. I'd love to know.:graucho:

Let me see...the words Chanel and Coach spring to mind, as does Joes Jeans, 7 For All Mankind, Aerosoles, Sephora, Nordstrom....need I go on? If only I had $150,000! If only I had $15,000! For that matter, if only I had $1,500! Maybe $150? $15? $1.50? No? Dammit!

Oooohh- I'd definitely do some damage at Chanel, Lanvin, Net-a-Porter, and Space NK... and I'd definitely hit up all the little gorgeous boutiques in downtown NYC that I love.

Do you have to use it all on a shopping spree? If not, save half, for a rainy day, and use the other half for a great shopping spree. Places like Hermes, Chanel, Versace, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman and many others come to mind.

In all honesty, spending 150k on shopping in not that easy. I recently treated myself to a nice shopping spree, allowing myself to spend no more than 25k for that week. It was hard, and, trust me, I can shop. ;) I ended up with quite a few bags, clothes, makeup, etc., and still had a fair amount left over, and nothing I purchased was cheap.

Anyway, sorry to go on about me. Whatever you do with the money, have a blast!!

I'm too boring and conservative, just can't shop like that. I would pay the IRS first :P, then our mortgage, and then my student loans. If there is anything left over...a really nice strand of pearls and maybe a Chanel classic flap.

Reactions: barskin
I would fly first class to Europe and splurge on fabulous designer clothing, shoes, and jewelry perhaps - Chanel RTW for sure! ... and have an LV trunk custom made.

With any leftover money, and if it had to be spent on fashion, I would head to Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive and have some fun there.

:flowers:

First, I would buy a BUNCH of designer bags that i have had my eye on:
-Classic Chanel Black Flap
-LV Azur Speedy 30
-Prada Gaufre Nappa Leather Tote
-Alexander Wang Coco Duffel
-Marc Jacobs Stam
-A Balanciaga bag and probably a bunch more

Second I would buy shoes, flats, sandals, boots. Defnitely a pair of Loboutins:P

Third I would buy clothes, but i wouldn't buy designer. I have a hard time convincing myself that 500+ on a shirt is worth it when you can get equally nice things at stores like Zara, H&M, etc, even if you have the money because you only wear each top once every few months or so. I would probably splurge on coats and blazers because you can get alot of wear out of them, i would definitely buy a burberry trench coat!

If I had $150,000 to spend on fashion, I'd get two Hermes Birkins and a Kelly (non exotic) and several pairs of CLs. I'd get a few things from Chanel, Dior, Prada, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, VCA, Cartier, and Rolex.

In all honesty, spending 150k on shopping in not that easy. I recently treated myself to a nice shopping spree, allowing myself to spend no more than 25k for that week. It was hard, and, trust me, I can shop. ;) I ended up with quite a few bags, clothes, makeup, etc., and still had a fair amount left over, and nothing I purchased was cheap.

Wow -- lucky girl! Sounds like a lot of fun! :yahoo:

i would pay my graduate tuition off, but one or two more chanel bags, a dslr camera, take my family and boyfriend on a vacation, a new laptop, a few more pairs of louboutins and save the rest!!!

Reactions: Sweet Whimsy
Wow -- lucky girl! Sounds like a lot of fun! :yahoo:

I hope it didn't come off as bragging because I truly wasn't trying to be like that. I apologize if that is how anyone perceived it. Spending $150,000, while a nice thought, can be an arduous task, unless you buy a Bentley or Aston Martin. :biggrin:

Honestly, for me personally, I have just about everything I want so I would put it in savings or some other investment.

Reactions: Sweet Whimsy
Oh the possibility!!
If I had that kind of money I would probably upgrade my car and that'll be it!:P
As my dream car would cost that much...gulp...if not then maybe just go crazy buying heaps of Hermes and VCA and treat my mom, sisters and BFF to some luxurious pressies

I would probably buy a small flat for like 100.000 and spend the rest on :

a) hermes birking and jypsiere
b) hermes boots
c) more rimowa luggage
d) sisley cosmetics
e) clothes and shoes I like but don't have the money for like loro piana and iris von armin jumpers,. . .

Reactions: millivanilli