What would you buy when you are in the US?

Just hit Sephora in a big way, you can spend so much time there trying things you won't have in your home country

And stock up on Kiehl's products - they charge so much more for it outside the US!

Inglot. I heard they offer high-quality eyeshadow for really cheap (for that quality) prices. Love the idea of getting to "build" your own palette. They're not available in Canada though (well, they are, but it costs almost twice what it does in the US, and at twice the price, it's just not worth it...) so I would definitely stop by the Inglot store.

Inglot. I heard they offer high-quality eyeshadow for really cheap (for that quality) prices. Love the idea of getting to "build" your own palette. They're not available in Canada though (well, they are, but it costs almost twice what it does in the US, and at twice the price, it's just not worth it...) so I would definitely stop by the Inglot store.

I agree with this, but I think they have many stores in Europe, certainly more than they have in the USA. So it depends on where the OP lives, they might have one there!!!!

My suggestion is also to hit up Sephora, you can spend the time trying many brands and seeing what you like the best. They have many locations in New York, so choose the one from their website that works the best for your travel plans. Ulta is also a good choice if you want to try both premium and drugstore brands. However, they don't have any locations in Manhattan, so if that's where you're going, to try drug store brands, go to Duane Reade/Walgreens/CVS.

Well, in New York, there are many things you deserve to get! I think shopping stuff is not predictable. I usually want to pick up those ones I like. No matter what the brand is.

As for makeup, I always get things I cannot find in Paris. I'm going in one month and will get things from INGLOT, TARTE, LORAC, ORIGINS (beauty products), BUTTER LONDON... these are the first brands I can think of, oh and will splurge for the new Chanel F/W collection as it's already out in the US and will only be out on August 19 in Paris!