What would you buy? Help!

Reamie

Jul 11, 2016
Hi all, I know this is not LV however this is where I feel most comfortable on purseforum and I trust you all so much! I mostly buy LV and am looking for a non LV bag that will stand the test of time, a bit of a classic. I don’t mind if it’s trendy now and not later as I’ll rock it tend or no trend! My main requirements are:
1. Can be worn crossbody
2. Won’t have to overly baby it and wear and tear is reasonable
3. Will probably be black but open to some colours that won’t show colour transfer
4. Could be a classic but not necessarily
5. Can fly under the radar a bit, it doesn’t have to be completely quiet luxury but a bit quieter :biggrin:

I have a shortlist but open to other ideas! Main ones are:
1. Bottega padded cassette (I know it’s trendy but I like it a lot, most concerned about wear near clasp)
2. Celine triomphe medium (most concerned about the leather being delicate!)
3. Chanel WOC in caviar and gold hardware (most concerned about it looking ridiculous on me as I’m tall and plus sized)

My max budget is €4000, I’d love any advice or ideas!

Hi all, I’d love some advice! I mostly buy LV (I’ve asked there too) and am looking for a non LV bag that will stand the test of time, a bit of a classic. I don’t mind if it’s trendy now and not later as I’ll rock it tend or no trend! My main requirements are:
1. Can be worn crossbody
2. Won’t have to overly baby it and wear and tear is reasonable
3. Will probably be black but open to some colours that won’t show colour transfer
4. Could be a classic but not necessarily
5. Can fly under the radar a bit, it doesn’t have to be completely quiet luxury but a bit quieter
:biggrin:

I have a shortlist but open to other ideas! Main ones are:
1. Bottega padded cassette (I know it’s trendy but I like it a lot, most concerned about wear near clasp)
2. Celine triomphe medium (most concerned about the leather being delicate!)
3. Chanel WOC in caviar and gold hardware (most concerned about it looking ridiculous on me as I’m tall and plus sized)

My max budget is €4000, I’d love any advice or ideas!

Fendi baguette has gotten my interest lately. Also the Celine 16 bag I believe it’s called. The one with the top handle really has my attention lol. Also, the YSL sunset is gorgeous. On your list I LOVE the Celine triomphe! Just throwing some ideas. Can’t wait to see what you decide!

• Love
Reactions: Cali2HI and Reamie
I think everyone should carry a bag that’s comfortable for them (which body size/shape might factor into, like if a fixed length crossbody strap is too long/too short), that fits what they need to put in it, and that fits their style.

So if the WOC is comfortable for you to wear and fits what you need to carry, you should get it if you want it. It sounds like it’s what you want and you wouldn’t hesitate to get it if you were shorter?

• Love
Reactions: Reamie
Fendi baguette has gotten my interest lately. Also the Celine 16 bag I believe it’s called. The one with the top handle really has my attention lol. Also, the YSL sunset is gorgeous. On your list I LOVE the Celine triomphe! Just throwing some ideas. Can’t wait to see what you decide!
@BagAddiction712 thanks so much for the reply! Oooh Celine 16 is so beautiful, I haven’t tried it on but love how it looks! The Triomphe is gorgeous and looks so nice on, I just have the fear over the leather as I’ve heard it is more delicate. I’m used to empreinte leather from LV and it’s so hard wearing its ideal for me. Trying to narrow it down is so hard. It’s a bag I want to keep for the foreseeable if not forever, so I want to make the right choice!

Reactions: BagAddiction712
I think everyone should carry a bag that’s comfortable for them (which body size/shape might factor into, like if a fixed length crossbody strap is too long/too short), that fits what they need to put in it, and that fits their style.

So if the WOC is comfortable for you to wear and fits what you need to carry, you should get it if you want it. It sounds like it’s what you want and you wouldn’t hesitate to get it if you were shorter?
@mocktail thank you for the reply! I think the cassette is really up there but I’ve seen a few that look a bit crooked from the way they’ve been opening. The triomphe is just beautiful, I got an Apc Grace baguette to scratch the itch but it’s way more structured and hard. The WOC looks so hard wearing, but being plus size gives me pause! Longevity is really important so I want something that stands the test of time!

Reactions: mocktail
Loewe mini puzzle bag or Loewe mini Flamenco. I have the mini puzzle in Sand and use it a lot. Also, Saint Laurent Lou Camera bag with black hardware.
Thank you, I did try on the puzzle but didn’t like the way it sat on me. I hadn’t thought of the flamenco! I’ll definitely try it on now. The YSL is lovely but I’ve never felt the pull towards YSL.

Reactions: Rani
Thank you, I did try on the puzzle but didn’t like the way it sat on me. I hadn’t thought of the flamenco! I’ll definitely try it on now. The YSL is lovely but I’ve never felt the pull towards YSL.
Did you try the medium puzzle? It sits kind a slouchy, but still keeps its shape and so much more practical than a mini bag?

Did you try the medium puzzle? It sits kind a slouchy, but still keeps its shape and so much more practical than a mini bag?
I did, and while it was nice it didn’t make me swoon :love: I actually saw a triomphe in the wild today and loved it. I’m not a small person at all ;) and the fear of looking like I’m carrying my daughters bag is turning me away from the Chanel WOC!

The Flamenco is my favorite bag! I'm a "Flamenco fan"! I have the mini and the "normal" Flamenco clutch and I love both so much! The leather is just divine, the bag is lightweight and it's so easy to go in and out with the magnetic clasp.

There are some pics of my Flamenco's in the LOEWE thread "the Flamenco"

If you want to have a bag that stands the test of time, then LOEWE will not disappoint you :smile:

• Love
Reactions: etudes and Reamie
I got a Fendi Mini Peekaboo last fall and it’s become one of my most used bags. I got the grained calf version and it is super durable, very easy to use/easy access to items, long enough for crossbody (I’m very tall and also plus size), and versatile enough to be worn casually crossbody or dressed up for dinner just using the top handle. It is right at the upper end of your budget if you buy new from the boutique, but you can get a great deal on one that’s preloved.

I’ll add that my caviar WOC is my second most used bag behind my daily tote. I don’t think it looks too small on my frame and really appreciate the long strap length. The capacity is just obviously really small, so the size limits it’s versatility

Good luck with your decision!!

• Love
The Flamenco is my favorite bag! I'm a "Flamenco fan"! I have the mini and the "normal" Flamenco clutch and I love both so much! The leather is just divine, the bag is lightweight and it's so easy to go in and out with the magnetic clasp.

There are some pics of my Flamenco's in the LOEWE thread "the Flamenco"

If you want to have a bag that stands the test of time, then LOEWE will not disappoint you :smile:
Thank you for this, I’m going to go see the flamenco! I really do want a bag that will stand the test of time and I’ll have for a long time. This is the last bag being bought new for quite a while (I do love a preloved bag!) so I want to make the right choice.

Reactions: atlantique