what would be a good color for a first birkin?

hi! i'm new to this forum which i find very interesting, people sharing their experiences and what they know bout Hermes or be more specific Birkin...
cannot agree more with the color Gold as it is one of the best color in terms of wearibility and timeness elegance.
my very first Birkin is a Black togo with gold hardware, which i find extremely easy to wear and understatedly subtle, the other color that i would reccommend is Etoupe (which i had only received last year), it seems to be the "new" color of Gold:yes:

you welcome rogicoco, etoupe is like a brownish grey= like a warm grey and it looks exceptionally divine when it is with ruthenium (but according to the Paris store, they stop making this hardware), but it still looks beyond beautiful with palladium

:smile: i didn't want to let it go either but then i thought when will i use it , then i was approached with a trade. knowing how hard it is to get another birkin i considered it but totally got confused as to which color to get and then the little voice in head tells me it's a special bag and that i may regret giving it up. at least if it was sold for some profit i would not feel as bad knowing i could add to the second bag but just to give it away i had my reservations.
now after hearing your opinions i will hold off on a trade and try to get another bag in a more practical color.(i love them all) eventually if luck would have it i would like i blue jean,black, gold and red. i have no clue as to when that may happen. maybe i will luck out at some point again. i don't know if i should even bother going to the madison store again and asking about a birkin. they always look at me like i have three heads.
which store would you say is the nicest to deal with?

I was in new york a couple of months ago and to my surprise there was a 32cm HAC with ph sitting on the shelf. . . . i just wanted to let you know that so you don't get discouraged in NYc

you welcome rogicoco, etoupe is like a brownish grey= like a warm grey and it looks exceptionally divine when it is with ruthenium (but according to the Paris store, they stop making this hardware), but it still looks beyond beautiful with palladium

Oh no! No more ruthenium? :crybaby: When were you told this, Chocolat Chaud? Was it at the 24 Faubourg store?!

hi Xquisite,
while i was doing my order at Paris store last month, the girl told me that they have quite a lot of difficulties in making ruthenium for Birkins and Kellys, which they have decided to discontinue this color hardware for these 2 bags, but you may still find it on belt buckles and accessories...

hi Xquisite,
while i was doing my order at Paris store last month, the girl told me that they have quite a lot of difficulties in making ruthenium for Birkins and Kellys, which they have decided to discontinue this color hardware for these 2 bags, but you may still find it on belt buckles and accessories...

Well it looks like ruthenium is off the list for my black kelly. :sad:

how often do they take orders on birkins in paris?
do you pay for the bag up front and then they ship it to you?

Rogicoco, I have read on this forum that sometimes the "order book is open" in Paris & sometimes not. I'm not sure whether this is true or whether you can order any time. I placed an order early this month. I did pay up front but you don't have to. They will ring you when the bag comes in & you can fax them your Amex details. They then post the bag to you. The VAT is deducted from the price but shipping (& i assume insurance) is added. To Australia this was 196 euro(!).