What type of leather???

Jun 23, 2007
Hi. I have been through the leather reference and can't find anything like this.
I bought a rose shocking vision II at the sale. It cannot be photographed to show the color well, let alone the leather. So, I will try to describe it as best I can.
The hand of the leather is not smooth, like box or togo; it is more suede-like. But not a true suede. It has veining in it. I have no idea what it is, but there is a definite non-smoothness to it. I have seen H suede and this doesn't look like suede. It was rose shocking and I had to have it, but now it is mystery leather!! I will take it into H next time I go there.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Lala and Pepper. I have attached two photos. They are not great at showing either color or leather -- but are pretty!
attachment.php

attachment.php

for color reference the pocket square in the right hand corner is rouge H, the color on the open wallet looks better, but shakier. I'll work on them later.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 1wallet.jpg
    1wallet.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 325
Cinder, aw, thanks! :flowers:
BBL: The reason I say taurillon gaucho is I just tried on a CDC in this very leather, in indigo, a few days ago, and had to ask what it was as I had no idea, either. Had never heard of it before, even (hate to admit that I have been a bit out of the loop and not staying current). It was thick, matte, suede-y, almost like nubuck, but it had veins. So that is why I am pretty sure this is the leather you are asking about.

Cinder, aw, thanks! :flowers:
BBL: The reason I say taurillon gaucho is I just tried on a CDC in this very leather, in indigo, a few days ago, and had to ask what it was as I had no idea, either. Had never heard of it before, even (hate to admit that I have been a bit out of the loop and not staying current). It was thick, matte, suede-y, almost like nubuck, but it had veins. So that is why I am pretty sure this is the leather you are asking about.

So very thankful for your expertise, Pepper. I have never heard about this type of leather before. The date code inside the diary is J, 2006. When did they start to rest rose shocking?

Now that I think about it, the agendas did have light veining ( or it could be the suggestive powers of Pepper)

They reminded me of doblis but a thinner feel, more leathery than doblis, and a very soft matte look (very nice to the touch)