Home & Garden What type of COOKWARE do you use?

Oludum

Apr 16, 2014
Can you please suggest a cookware that's very easy to clean, non-stick and inexpensive one?

There's aluminum,stainless, hard-anonized, ceramic.... (no cast-iron)

I've been looking for a set but I don't know the differences :biggrin:

I'm not really a cook, so I don't need a fancy/expensive set. Just a set for me to cook a meal for a family of three :cool:

Giant Le Creuset pot for stews, soups and frying
A 3 multi-pot set from Ikea for quick meals and reheating
Cast iron for sauteing, meat, baking
medium sized nonstick for eggs

Be careful with non-stick...I still don't trust them fully. No matter what advancements they state they made, I prefer to use other methods.

I have one small non-stick for eggs, but everything else I either cook in All-Clad stainless or cast iron.

If price is top priority, Greenpan might be the way to go. They have a wide range of lines from inexpensive to higher end/stainless steel look. However, the "non-stick" coating isn't going to last forever. I know people have different opinions on Gwenyth Paltrow and Goop, but, since she is such a health nut and really aware of chemicals, I was impressed that she includes Greenpan in her Goop online shop and got my husband a skillet for cooking his eggs with.

However, I have to declare love for Staub. It’s cast iron, but, enameled. So, cleanup is super easy and no weird black flecks or chunky “seasoning” like with cast iron such as Lodge. It also won't rust if you leave it in a wet sink for too long.... not that I've ever done that :cool::biggrin: They have pretty well priced sets for starting out that include Dutch ovens/skillets. I think the brand hits many positive points all at once: beautiful, easy maintenance, long lasting, non-reactive (ie, no issues cooking acids like tomato in stainless steel), and I think the cost is totally worth it as an investment in cookware you will use and love for a very long time :heart:

Reactions: minimom
I have a mixed batch of stainless - and honestly one brand is not superior to the others in my opinion. I use stainless pots only and can’t tell the difference so I just look for ones with glass lids so I can see what’s going on & sturdy handles.

My fry pans are all cast iron ( OP said no cast iron ) but they clean up so easy & my most used one is just as “non stick” now as a new non stick fry pan... I don’t trust that even modern non stick are actually toxin free. These pans also last forever & are inexpensive. The more use the better they perform.

I have a mix of glass, ceramic, & le creuset storage/bakeware. No plastic. No nonstick. For me healthy cooking is the most important factor.

Over the past two years I bought all new cookware and tried to go with as "safe" options as possible. No plastic/non-stick or made in China if possible.

I bought a Demeyere stainless set, Staub Cast Iron Dutch ovens (3 3/4 quart and 7 quart) and a 10 inch skillet. I also bought a Hestan Nanobond chefs pot. In addition, I gave away the Le Creuset bakeware I had and bought ones from Emile Henry (LC bakeware is now made in china, the EH is made in France - similar prices!)

I would say the Staub cast iron pieces are the ones I use most often. The dutch oven is for all acidic based soups and the cast iron skillet is my go-to for almost everything!

The Demeyere pots have been used for boiling water and cooking pastas/steaming baby food and I frequently make soups like split pea in them. I'll be honest, the Demeyere stainless frying pan is still in the box it came in since I love the Staub one so much.

The Hestan Nanobond was a waste of (a lot of) money. I find almost everything sticks, making it hard to keep clean and it's not like it is a magical cooking vessel where everything comes out extra amazing. I had used it to make fried rice and it took multiple days and a LOT of baking soda/vinegar to get clean.