What to wear a tan bag with?

gnomixa78

Dec 6, 2009
So for the first time in my life I am mooning over this purse, and it's tan, from Roots, an inexpensive Canadian brand known for its quality

https://www.google.ca/search?q=root...ots-westmount-tote%2FprodCC04792.html;350;350

Sorry, couldn't insert the image, so I am linking.

I am cool toned so my wardrobe mainly consists of greys, black, cool browns and blues. So my question is what can one wear this bag with? I am not into matching shoes and belts with purses, I like to coordinate rather than match. And in the summer I wear a lot of white also.

Can this bag be worn with a medium grey coat? Black coat? Chocolate brown suede jacket?

Thanks for the help!

I think it would go with black, blue and white. The others you would just have to try it with.

If the tones are close but not a perfect match, sometimes that doesn't work. There needs to be enough contrast, or it needs to match, or the colors need to be separated from each other. Sometimes if you put two colors together, they make each other look dull; other times the colors make each other look great.

It depends upon the color tan it is, but it should look really good with the whites, blues, etc. As far as grey, I think it would look good with a heather grey or darker color, but not too light. The bag looks casual which is OK, just a thought when pairing it with outfits.

A neutral bag like this lets you play up accessories and shoes with color.