What to layer with Rolex that won’t scratch it?

Mini M

Aug 11, 2016
Hi everyone! A couple days ago, I purchased my first rolex and I’m obsessed! I want to wear it often and I would love to layer with some bracelets but I don’t want to scratch it so I’m wanting to buy a “divider” bracelet in something softer than diamonds or gold that I’ll place between the watch and other bracelets. However the watch is quite “fancy” and won’t suit super casual jewelry. I’m putting in some pictures - I’m thinking a pearl bracelet perhaps as pearls are relatively soft. Thoughts??

IMG_7617.jpeg

IMG_7571.png

IMG_7563.jpeg

IMG_7567.png

Reactions: LVLVLVOE and AdidaB
Gorgeous watch, congrats. I'm particular about avoiding scratches so only stack a wooden-bead or all-leather bracelet. Metal with metal (including a diamond tennis type) will incur scratches. The Jubilee band won't show scratching as much as the Oyster would, however.

Well, being gold it's going to get scratched no matter what. I wear a Cartier trinity cord bracelet and haven't noticed much damage at all. I definitely would not wear a tennis bracelet with the watch though--not good for either piece IMO. And lovely watch btw!

Well, being gold it's going to get scratched no matter what. I wear a Cartier trinity cord bracelet and haven't noticed much damage at all. I definitely would not wear a tennis bracelet with the watch though--not good for either piece IMO. And lovely watch btw!
Thank you! I love the trinity cord bracelet! Yes I’m going to switch the tennis to my right hand from now on!

Reactions: papertiger
Gorgeous watch, congrats. I'm particular about avoiding scratches so only stack a wooden-bead or all-leather bracelet. Metal with metal (including a diamond tennis type) will incur scratches. The Jubilee band won't show scratching as much as the Oyster would, however.
Thank you!

The Jubilee band won't show scratching as much as the Oyster would, however.

I don’t mind scratches, weirdly I slightly prefer some so my watch doesn’t look brand new lol
Agree with these statements. When I wore my Rolexes, I preferred not to pair them with bracelets on the same wrist, but not bc I was worried about scratches. I just liked the plain look better. Post covid, I wear rolex infrequently

Reactions: missie1
I have a stainless oyster bracelet. I sometimes wear a bracelet with it and don't see any scratches. and the sapphire dial won't scratch I don't think. but maybe gold is different.

I just embraced the scratches because I use and wear all my Rolex watches. I might be in the minority, but I feel like unless it’s the cord bracelet or the plastic swirly hair tie everything will scratch it. I also don’t think pearls will work, they are super delicate and not meant for everyday wear, they will suffer most of the damage at the hands of the Rolex.

Thank you!
It is 31 datejust in yellow gold. Not sure if it’s president. I need to check the papers.
It was a spontaneous purchase at a boutique believe it or not, so I am not aware of the details.
Sounds so posh. Usually my spontaneous purchases are like socks or croissants.
It’s a presidential bracelet. Gorgeous!